[FT] Hamilton 1 - 2 Rangers (Waghorn 45, 52)

We weren't as 'dangerous' as we have been but we thoroughly deserved the win, and should have scored a few more. Waghorn and McKay (who seems to have found that telepathic link with Wallace again -- some of the first time balls were sublime) were excellent, and Garner again was a handful (I thought the way he held the ball up in the last minutes of the game was brilliant, taking all the pressure off us). I thought Tavernier was OK: he gives energy and drive in the middle of the park -- I actually thought he was fouled when he lost the ball which conceded Hamilton's only real chance -- and if he can find that final ball he'll be a good option in the middle.

As Barebear said, Halliday has not done much wrong: he's looking to pass it out, when he sees he can't he's going to hit it up the line, but inexplicably treads on the ball on a tricky surface. It could have cost us but it didn't -- we should have been well out of sight anyway.

I thought it was still the 4-1-4-1 base, but Waghorn and McKay pushed on often to make a front three.

Decent performance, brilliant result.

Edited by Rousseau

So they let one wheelchair using Rangers fan into the main stand how gracious of them.

Hamilton's actions towards Old Firm wheelchair fans is probably the most vile, disgusting and mean spirited I've ever encountered. Normally when visiting away grounds there's a problem with lack of suitable spaces however that is not the case at Hamilton. At the front of their main stand there are 22 wheelchair and carer spaces and seats circa 12 of them are in the section of the stand that is given to Rangers (and Celtic) but instead of giving these spaces which are among the best in Scotland given that they are elevated and undercover and provide excellent views to wheelchair fans they sell the carers tickets to regular fans at the normal price (wheelchair & carer tickets are £10) and leave the wheelchair spaces to lay vacant. Assuming the tickets are the same price as the North Stand £22 Hamilton are f*&king over Rangers (and Celtic) wheelchair fans to make a grand total of £144 , how f*&king sad is that?

The wheelchair spaces they did issue were in front of the North Stand are restricted view (cannot see the near goal line) uncovered and due to the location of the entrances, kiosks and toilets practically everyone in the stand has to walk right in front of the wheelchair section constantly blocking the already restricted view. If wheelchair fans in the North Stand want to go to the toilet they have to leave the North Stand and go to Main Stand where the accessible toilet is located.

As far as i'm concerned every Rangers supporting wheelchair user should have free access to Rangers games, free at Ibrox and the supporters organisation subsidising tickets for away games as part of the special projects. I would pay another £5 a month to club1872 for it.

Rock'n Roll ... courtesy of Russian Rangers

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=1999

"Хэмилтон" 1:2 "Рейнджерс"

"Хэмилтон": Вудс, Девлин, Гиллеспи, Имри, Доэрти (Донати' 40), Д'Акол (Бингхэм' 63), Редмонд (Брофи' 81), Кроуфорд, Маккиннон, Макманн, Саррис

"Рейнджерс": Фодерингем, Ходсон, Кирнан, Уилсон, Уоллес, Тавернье, Холлидэй, Холт, Маккай, Гарнер, Вогхорн (Форрестер' 76)

Рефери – Алан Мюир

Предупреждения: Саррис' 10, Маккиннон' 86, Имри' 90, Девлин' 90+2, Гарнер' 90+2, Макманн' 90+3

Голы: Вогхорн' 45, Вогхорн' 52, Имри' 77

г. Хэмилтон / Стадион "Нью Дуглас Парк" – 5.292 зрителя.

Perhaps I saw a slightly better performance last night than others, but different opinions are the beauty of forums like these.

Yes, it was 2-1 away to Hamilton, but in my opinion that was our best performance of the season. Against Aberdeen and Hearts we were very good, yet still seemed to make things a little more laborious than they should have been. Albeit last night wasn't a full 90-minute performance, but there were long periods in that second half where I just sat there and thought, 'this team is clicking'. The passing, movement, and speed of play were a joy to watch at times - I found myself thinking back to the McCoist era and contemplating how far we've come. You just knew when Hamilton resorted to hideous lunges all over the park that we were on to something.

We have depth on the bench now for the first time in what seems like ages, particularly up front. I've said previously that Waggy doesn't have the quality for this level. He does.

Areas for improvement: Finishing and defensive concentration.

The fans were just sensational.

And if we're going to criticise refs when they're pisspoor, then it's only fair to point out that Alan Muir had a great game last night. Very un-Scottish in the way he let the game flow, and I can't recall him getting a decision wrong all night. More like him please.

Edited by Norris Cole

As far as i'm concerned every Rangers supporting wheelchair user should have free access to Rangers games, free at Ibrox and the supporters organisation subsidising tickets for away games as part of the special projects. I would pay another £5 a month to club1872 for it.

Agreed. If a wheelchair user is going to the trouble of getting themselves to Ibrox for the game, then it's peanuts for the club to give them free entry, they're barely a fraction of the attendance. I suppose the only issue is how you then decide who gets tickets.

BTW, if the game is on BT (and/or Sky methinks), it will also be screened live and for free on the internet via laola1.tv, an Austrian broadcasting station. Official and legal.

Just in case you want a stable, next to HD stream without the babble of Crocker, Sutton et al ...

http://www.laola1.tv/de-at/channel/premiership-schottischer-fussball-video-livestream-kostenlos

BTW, these chaps do have their problems with the pronunciation of some names, but provide you with better and acurate info about teams, players, managers and whatnot.