The end of the beginning: Rangers v Celtic

https://mobile.twitter.com/steveng1873/status/815643673547382784

Now remember Brown was already on a yellow. I fully expect that this was shown in great detail on all the highlights packages and that the compliance officer is going to get in touch....

A caller just raised this on Radio Snyde there and was unsurprising laughed off and told it didn't happen. This included Derek Johnston the arsehole. Someone with Twitter please tweet this clip to them to shut their smug lying faces up.

Johnston has become even more of a joke.

A caller just raised this on Radio Snyde there and was unsurprising laughed off and told it didn't happen. This included Derek Johnston the arsehole. Someone with Twitter please tweet this clip to them to shut their smug lying faces up.

Johnston has become even more of a joke.

I wonder how this compares to the reaction when Lafferty dived against Aberdeen?

Having loads of strikers doesn't count for much if none of them are good enough.

We need much more than a right back and a midfielder.

Sure, but as I said, I think right back and midfielder are the priority.

Tavernier is proving to be far too much of a weak link.

In midfield we are missing three players through sacking and long term injury. We've reached the point where Tavernier, not a midfielder, is getting played in midfield. Even Halliday, ostensibly a midfielder, looks below the required standard.

Given that I can't think of a time when we were short of players for the front line then I would not prioritise a new striker.

Edited by ranger_syntax
Add emphasis to 'priority'. Willing to say 'priority' again if necessary.

Hodson is the (natural) right-back we need. He's solid enough where we are right now.

I think there is a reason that he can't keep Tavernier out of the team.

I guess Warburton thinks that Hodson's attacking play creates a different problem for the team.

I think we'll need to bring someone from outside rather than promote a squad player.

I think there is a reason that he can't keep Tavernier out of the team.

I guess Warburton thinks that Hodson's attacking play creates a different problem for the team.

I think we'll need to bring someone from outside rather than promote a squad player.

MW brought Hodson (a right back) in despite knowing that Tav was there. Perhaps he saw Tavs occasional lapses as a defender. Hodson deputised for both this season and did admirably either way. Who knows why MW did not select him from the start, IMHO, he simply used both Tav and Windass as wingbacks ahead of a back three (BTW, Wilson can deputise as a left-back too) and trusted Windass more here, in an attacking sense. It was obviously tragic that it was another Tav defensive blackout which allowed Sinclair sneak in at the back ... and he got an earful straight away. Tav is a valuable member of the squad, but I don't think he should be in every starting line-up right now.

MW brought Hodson (a right back) in despite knowing that Tav was there. Perhaps he saw Tavs occasional lapses as a defender. Hodson deputised for both this season and did admirably either way. Who knows why MW did not select him from the start, IMHO, he simply used both Tav and Windass as wingbacks ahead of a back three (BTW, Wilson can deputise as a left-back too) and trusted Windass more here, in an attacking sense. It was obviously tragic that it was another Tav defensive blackout which allowed Sinclair sneak in at the back ... and he got an earful straight away. Tav is a valuable member of the squad, but I don't think he should be in every starting line-up right now.

Windass at wingback?

Edited by ranger_syntax

So Dembele has recently retweeted something about being a 'hunskelper'. Will this also be taken as some 'craic' or will the police actually take their advice to the old firm players that they had a responsibility to be sensible with their behaviour seriously? Onthay note, have they spoke to griffiths yet?

Windass at wingback?

IMHO, we tried to play 3 at the back to keep them at bay. We tested it against St. Johnstone. Tav on the right worked in the League Cup game, so he was kept in right midfield, or, if you want to say it, right wingback position. Since Wallace was out and Hodson not in there, someone could/would be regarded as left wingback. Be that Windass or McKay. That neither played that much defensively, more like wingers than fullbacks, was part of the circumstances. If someone else saw us in a straight 4-3-3 again, with WIlson as left back, no problem.

IMHO, the cool head provided by Hill and both Kiernan and Wilson either side of him could be the way ahead in some games this season, but not all.

So Dembele has recently retweeted something about being a 'hunskelper'. Will this also be taken as some 'craic' or will the police actually take their advice to the old firm players that they had a responsibility to be sensible with their behaviour seriously? Onthay note, have they spoke to griffiths yet?

https://twitter.com/MDembele_10/status/815943556040916996

http://i.imgur.com/CayfVFZ.jpg