The end of the beginning: Rangers v Celtic

The defence is a liability, Tav,Wilson, Keirnan and Hill (age), all need replaced. We will not win the League with the defence as it is.

Wilson and Tav are ball watchers and Kiernen's positional sense and one against one skills are very poor. He almost did the same yesterday as against Hibs Stokes goal last season and let Sinclair(?) walk right through on goal. Surely it is a basic defensive knowledge that you have to try and push or hold players wide.

Edited by pete

What we learned today or yesterday is we're not a million miles behind them. We were never winning the league this year no matter what certain elements of our support were saying.

All he laughable forecasts of us losing by 3 or 4 goals never happened. We might have even won it in the end.

What too many forget is the car crash McCoist left behind 18 months ago that MW and DW inherited. A total shambles. An absolute disgrace. They literally had 2-3 weeks to assemble a squad to get us back to the top division. They did that last season.

But MW is on schedule IMO. We're second in the league & on course to return to Europe next season. Challenging for the title & beyond will be next season at the earliest. But I genuinely believe we will do that.

Great post

We simply need better players. We need to find ways to afgord those.

But people will need to be patient. Green sold off outmr revenue streems for fractions of their worth and got rich doing so.

People need to be realistic.

It could take a decade to recover from green.

But we will now we have people who love the club owning it. Its what we should all have fought harder for long long ago.

Sorry guys i missed all the hullabaloo yesterday, working most of the day. Caught a wee bit of the goals and action, we are not far behind them. I think we need to look ahead to next season and prepare for that, a few players need moved on, sadly Tav is one, his involvement in games at the moment is reduced to terrible shooting, poor marking, soft tackling and lapses of concentration. I'm not just referring to yesterday's game but the last three or four games, he's not the only one, but he's the stand out under performing for me, others can follow him out the door.

Reading the posts in this thread we just need to replace the whole team to challenge them next season!:)

To challenge the mhanky mob, we need serious investment Ian. I'm happy rebuilding next year too. The bottom line is, we still need vast investment to challenge them. People are kidding themselves thinking otherwise.

I still expect us to finish second, we are good enough but to challenge them, we need not far off a whole new first team. That will take a few years unless we get that investment.

Edited by cooponthewing

We simply need better players. We need to find ways to afgord those.

But people will need to be patient. Green sold off outmr revenue streems for fractions of their worth and got rich doing so.

People need to be realistic.

It could take a decade to recover from green.

But we will now we have people who love the club owning it. Its what we should all have fought harder for long long ago.

I'm not sure too many are thrilled at the prospect of 10 years without challenging the unwashed GS?? If we don't receive substantial investment you could very well be right though!

Dutch commentator at the end of the game.

nearly brought a tear to my eye.

It is essentially the same what the Austrian reporter on LaolaTV said throughout the game. And it is these, unbiased and neutral folk we should lend our ear to.

Scotland, in many (and I'm not being disrespectful here) ways, is a small country with lots of small-minded people.

Sorry guys i missed all the hullabaloo yesterday, working most of the day. Caught a wee bit of the goals and action, we are not far behind them. I think we need to look ahead to next season and prepare for that, a few players need moved on, sadly Tav is one, his involvement in games at the moment is reduced to terrible shooting, poor marking, soft tackling and lapses of concentration. I'm not just referring to yesterday's game but the last three or four games, he's not the only one, but he's the stand out under performing for me, others can follow him out the door.

Due to family business I didn't attend. I haven't even seen the highlights yet. I caught a few minutes on radio and we seemed to be doing well. Any opinion will be made later.