The end of the beginning: Rangers v Celtic

Just watched the game back, big mistake by me not slipping in joe. Hold my hands up.Had a lot of chances to get something from the game.��⚪️��

Harrry Forrester on Twitter.

You have to admire the honesty in many of our players ... and I for one belong to those who rather believe them than expecting that they write "for the audience".

just heard the after game press conference. A week off! FFS

19 points behind,playing awful pedestrian football bar two games all season, fitness levels are no better than any other side and technically we cant even attack or defend corners but they deserve a week off! Sums it up.

MW's losses me a wee bit more each week. Need to see some serious changes in work ethic and approach in the coming weeks.

Couldn't care less if he succeeds in retaining 2nd place if this small club mentality continues. We should be embarrassed by our performances.

The mentality the manager encourages explains the lacklustre performance most weeks. A fucking holiday jesus christ. Please go and buy our way out cause we sure as feck aint able to rely on our work ethic to do it.

I see Sutton is at his best in the RHecord today again!

“Brendan has to strengthen from a position of strength in the transfer window. I know the league is already won and there’s no Europe for the remainder of the season but that’s no reason to sit back and think it’s job done for the remainder of the season and I don’t believe for a minute that Rodgers will think that way.

“This is the time Celtic should finish Rangers now. If Brendan hasn’t earned the right to bring in a top-quality midfielder, there will never be a better time.

“Domestically, Celtic are miles better than everybody else, but this is where they have to look at making an impact in Europe next season.

“Under Martin O’Neill, the Celtic team I played with had a crack at it with the quality of player he brought to the club and Celtic should be thinking the same right now.

“The money they’ve accumulated from the Champions League, and with the chance to add to it next season by getting there again, this is the time to tread on Rangers. You don’t let them get back up again.

“Celtic had the chance to move away from Rangers for ever in 2012 when they went bust but they didn’t take it. They’ve got another chance now and they should be ruthless enough to take it.”

If not for rather fortunate player sales, the Yahoos' balance sheet would look rather bleak, not least given their inflated squad. They bought heavily (by comparison) t make a mark in Europe and failed. Their Europan income will probably even that out, but spending for the sake of winning a title that is almost theirs ... so they can have a go at Europe and keep us under the thumb? Let them have it!

BTW, I can clearly envisage some madcap English side throwing millions after them for the likes of Dembele or Rogic, which they will take - given their inflated squad, a bagged title and not that great a return in European money.

That said, we have to buy shrewd too though, as we should expect a foray into Europe for next season and be prepared for that. Wonder how the boardroom will support the manager in the months ahead.