[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

Thanks.I feel old. 50 sounds young 60 sounds old. :( I have lost a stone of weight recently and walk an hour per day so feeling super=fit at the moment.:jump:

50 only sounds young when you are 60 :ninja:

Happy birthday Auld boy :thup:

Motherwell was never a team I disliked until the play-off match. I wonder if any of the pitch invaders were tims in disguise.

Old-timers' grannies will remember their post-war 'keeper, Johnstone, who had the longest throw out in world football. He could throw the ball all the way from the goal line at Fir Park to Kilmarnock.

The Scottish national selectors sometimes used to pick their half back Redpath ahead of Samy Cox. At least Redpath could play a bit so it wasn't on a par with the selection of James Forrest uncle of Jim at inside right instead of the Airdrie genius Ian McMillan or even former hibbee Bobby Johnstone dazzling at Manchester City.

They had a smashing team 1960/61. A half line of Aitken, Martis and McCann and a sublime front line of Hunter, Reid, St John, Quinn and Weir. Reid went on to play for Berwick but we'll gloss over that.

You could say Rangers have had both the best and the worst from Motherwell in Tam Forsyth and Gregor Stevens. One of them a hard as nails, tough tackling, uncompromising, indomitable defender. The other? Best to say nothing.

There have been some thrilling cup-ties involving Rangers and Motherwell. Let's hope for another. 5 - 2 would do nicely.

You could say Rangers have had both the best and the worst from Motherwell in Tam Forsyth and Gregor Stevens. One of them a hard as nails, tough tackling, uncompromising, indomitable defender. The other? Best to say nothing.

I once refereed a reserve game when DJ and Gregor Stevens were Rangers CB's.

The ball went out for a throw, clearly to Clyde. Stevens appeared to disagree and let out a string of expletives, heard around the stadium, the Govan Stand was being built at the time. I honestly didn't know what to do. DJ ran past me and said, "just ignore him ref, he doesn't know what he's doing"!

I once refereed a reserve game when DJ and Gregor Stevens were Rangers CB's.

The ball went out for a throw, clearly to Clyde. Stevens appeared to disagree and let out a string of expletives, heard around the stadium, the Govan Stand was being built at the time. I honestly didn't know what to do. DJ ran past me and said, "just ignore him ref, he doesn't know what he's doing"!

So what you're saying is the standard of refereeing in this country hasn't changed in 30 years? :hm:

Rangers star Martyn Waghorn urges fans to pay Ibrox tribute to tragic Codee Hillen during Motherwell game

Gers supporter Codee, 14, passed away on Monday and the Light Blues legions are being urged to honour her by applauding in the 14th minute.

Ibrox star Martyn Waghorn has urged fans to join in a tribute to tragic Rangers fan Codee Hillen on Saturday afternoon during the match with Motherwell.

Codee, a third year pupil at Brannock High School, died on Monday.Emergency services were called to a property in Holytown, Lanarkshire.

Tragically, the 14-year-old couldn't be saved and she died later in hospital.There are thought to be no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

Popular Codee was described by her head teacher as having a "super personality".In the days following her passing, pals and fellow football fans have flooded social media with tributes.

Light Blues fans page The Blue Sea of Ibrox dedicated a post to the youngster, sharing her photo alongside the message: "Seep tight young Codee Hillen. She was a Rangers fan and went to every match, thoughts go out to her friends and family."

A shocked friend shared her sadness, saying: "RIP Codee babe, you will always be in my heart and I still can't believe you're gone. I'll miss you so much. God only takes the best."

Another added: "Sleep tight little one. Heart goes out to your family and all your friends at Brannock High."

Supporters groups have also widely shared the appeal to pay tribute to "one of their own" at Saturday's match.Fans are being asked to stand and applaud in the 14th minute during the Scottish Cup fourth-round clash with Motherwell to honour Codee.

And Gers striker Martyn has now retweeted a plea to fans to pay tribute to the youngster during the tie with the Lanarkshire side at Ibrox.

The Gers faithful will also applaud in the 8th minute of the game, as a mark of respect for youngster Dempsey Ballantyne.Dempsey, eight, from Belfast, died after a battle with cancer of the spine.

The courageous youngster, who inspired others to fundraise for her treatment, was laid to rest last week.