NO DEAL Kenny Miller

We need better quality players to even consider a decent challenge for the title, that requires finance!, unless we get investment we will continue to sign players to put us 2nd best in the league, as hard as it is to accept this situation I don't see it change any time soon without massive investment.

If we can't get players in who are better than we what we have then we need to keep them.

We're going to be 30 points behind the tims soon and we're only just in February. We're third in the league. Kenny Miller will be 38 years old next year and he is not the solution.

we've shown no ability to sign anyone who is a solution. Nobody thinks KM can go on indefinitely but he's fit, experienced and better than any of the other strikers at the club. That may be an indictment of the others but it's where we are.

I'm delighted with this news, but as with everything in the Scottish papers, I treat it with huge suspicion and mistrust.

I must agree with BlueDell in that what is the rush? He is 37, has no sell-on value, and we can make these decisions at the end of the season when his contribution can be assessed over the whole season, the player requirements for 17-18 worked out in terms of playing style, formation and what players we will need. I can see no circumstances where Miller can be seen as a useful asset next season given how poor he has been since coming back in 2014, but in all fairness these decisions only need to be made now for players who you absolutely KNOW are going to be a big part of your plans, like McKay.

If this means we lose out on Miller because Hibs offer him a pre-contract (no laughing at the back!) then we are not really losing out on anything.

There is of course the added layer of suspicion in these rumours of management change when any new man will not want to build a side around a 37yo guy with a dreadful goals record.

The fact both scummy tabloids are running with this story on the same day shows that Miller (or his agent) have planted this story to try to get fans sympathy - not for the first time in Miller's career either.

I wont be breaking out the Champers if he signs with someone else, but I certainly wont be upset to see the back of him - again! I still wouldnt rule out him getting another 12 months deal with us either if MW stays, but it is absolutely right to refuse to give him a deal at this stage.

Edited by Tannochsidebear

We need better quality players to even consider a decent challenge for the title, that requires finance!, unless we get investment we will continue to sign players to put us 2nd best in the league, as hard as it is to accept this situation I don't see it change any time soon without massive investment.

If we can't get players in who are better than we what we have then we need to keep them.

Ross County, Hearts, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Killie, St Johnstone, Hamilton.

All teams who have been able to sign players capable of scoring more than 6 goals this season. All of those players would have cost a pittance. If Ross Country can sign a player who can score 13 goals, then what is our excuse? You hardly need to spend anything at all to find good players at this level.

We have goalscorers available that would score more than 6 goals IF they were given the same game time as Miller has received. I would put my house on Waghorn (11 goals this season but mainly in the LC), Dodoo, and even Hardie who we punted out on loan, scoring more than 6 goals in the amount of time given to ever-present Miller.

MW's blind spot in this area is one of the reasons our teams scoring record this season is so underwhelming.

We have goalscorers available that would score more than 6 goals IF they were given the same game time as Miller has received. I would put my house on Waghorn (11 goals this season but mainly in the LC), Dodoo, and even Hardie who we punted out on loan, scoring more than 6 goals in the amount of time given to ever-present Miller.

MW's blind spot in this area is one of the reasons our teams scoring record this season is so underwhelming.

Waghorn couldn't shoot fish in a barrel at the moment. He'd probably miss the barrel.

Obviously Miller is a hot discussion topic but no one can dispute his work rate,discipline etc.

It looked as if a decent partnership was going to develop with him and Hyndman and what happens MW plays Hyndman out of position in place of Halliday so things back to square one .

The squad definitely needs strengthening and whilst Miller is that bit older he is needed to give experience.

I agree that goalscorers are neede but until MW finds tactics that don't involve passing the ball to death it aint going to happen.

Oh, of course not, but how do we know whether it is true? Who says whether it wasn't a dual agreement that we shelve and discussion for now? Just saying. As it is, it just pores oil into the fire.

In any case, the board is due some good news, else the allround doom and gloom feeling goes on and on and on.

You've got to desist from your default position of shooting the messenger.

Contrary to popular belief newspapers don't print stuff like that without getting nudged in the right direction by someone who has something to gain and it's crystal clear that there's a concentrated effort afoot to make life distinctly uncomfortable for the manager.

As for good news I'm sure if the pressure rises in the Boardroom we'll see one or two pieces of "good news" appear. I expect one item of which we'd all consider "good news" to come out soon.

You've got to desist from your default position of shooting the messenger.

Contrary to popular belief newspapers don't print stuff like that without getting nudged in the right direction by someone who has something to gain and it's crystal clear that there's a concentrated effort afoot to make life distinctly uncomfortable for the manager.

As for good news I'm sure if the pressure rises in the Boardroom we'll see one or two pieces of "good news" appear. I expect one item of which we'd all consider "good news" to come out soon.

OOOOO!, you're such a tease!, c'mon, spit it out!:):)

I'll say straight off that I've never had much time for Miller. I always felt he simply didn't have the necessary skills to be a Rangers striker. There's no doubt though that amongst the squad of mainly under-achievers we have at the moment, he's been one of the few who can open his wage packet without feeling embarrassed.

But for next season we should be aiming well above Miller. I know money is tight but around 50,000 Rangers fans are doing their part - I don't care how the board find funding, but we need some.