Rangers ponder over Koevermans'

'Rangers denkt aan Koevermans'

Geschreven door Pieter Hanson op vrijdag, 23 maart om 11:56

Glasgow Rangers heeft belangstelling voor Danny Koevermans, zo meldt VI. Vooral manager Walter Smith zou bijzonder gecharmeerd zijn van de fysiek sterke aanvaller van AZ.

Smith zou vinden dat Koevermans goed in het Schotse voetbal past. De oefenmeester zou in de Schiedammer wel wat terug zien van Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, die bij aartsrivaal Celtic een goed seizoen doormaakt.

De 28-jarige Koevermans zelf zou graag nog eens in het Britse voetbal spelen, maar het is onbekend of Rangers zijn interesse wekt. De aanvaller, die deze week zijn debuut maakte in de selectie van het Nederlands elftal, heeft bij AZ nog een contract tot medio 2010.

The gist of the story is we are interested in koevermans and Smith sees him as the sequel to Vinegar of Castlemilk. Koevermans would love to play in British football but it is unknown if Rangers would interest him. He makes his d�©but in the Dutch selection this weekend and has a contract at AZ until summer 2010.

We could have got him for next to nothing last year now i fear he is out of our price range. I wonder if we can get a deal with Shota thrown in.:sigh:

Is he any good Pete? Cant say ive heard too much about him ?

He is a good player and scores a lot. Strong in the air but not the most technically gifted Dutch player. I would actually say he is like Chris Boyd actually

except he works a bit harder. I don't think he will be as big a scorer as Boyd but he will link up better than Boyd.

If we we can afford a player from AZ then i would love us to go for Dembele as i reckon he will become immense. I won't be sorry to see Koevermans at Ibrox though he at least fights for everything.

This guy has a very good goal scoring total for both Rotterdam & now AZ.

He has a total of 98 goals in 154 in Holland :thup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Koevermans

Pretty impressive goalscoring record.

No doubts Walter will be searching high and low for players to go for in the summer. And these are the type id welcome.

I wouldnt be a happy bear if Gow, Broadfoot and Mcdonald are our only signings.

• 1 month later...

Just watched a Dutch football programme and one of the Netherlands top journalists said he expected Koevermans to be playing for Rangers next season.

May not mean anything but sometimes journalists know things and Koevermans has been Sub for the last 4 games.

Hopefully Pete!!

He certainly is the most exciting player we have been linked to. Is he the sort of player than could form a partnership with Darcheville??

Id be happy with our strikers next season being:

Koevermans

Darchville

Sebo

Boyd

Novo

And Lennon!

We definitely need another experienced striker and Koevermanns fits the bill. Using Buffel as part exchange would also rid us of a poor performer, high wage earner for probably more than he is currently worth.