Graeme Murty will Stay in Rangers hotseat for Old Firm showdown

Tavernier has strengths, but I have not noticed tactical discipline being one of them.

Well, he would be in there with Hyndman, much like the selection on Sunday. He would add more pace and steel to that role than Halliday did, and a greater attacking thread. Obviously, we need a decent left-back deputy first.

Sorry, for me he's too much of a wandering star for that position, esp versus fhilth fc, when discipline will be paramount; lapses in concentration don't help.

I stand to be corrected, and maybe fielding a player who is frequently out of position, out of position, will work; maybe there is no alternative.

A decent tactician can't work with no defensive midfield players and a defence that seem to go missing more than not.

Agreed no matter who comes in they need to get a good backbone to the team. That was Warburton's downfall. We all saw it I just can't understand why he never saw it or failed to correct it. That 1-8 million for Garner should have been spent on a good solid defence. That is where you start to build a team.

put Tavernier def MF & Hodson RB

Hodson does absolutely nothing for me, I think he is a very poor player. Tavernier is no center-mid he ball watches far too often. and I agree with UIlleam below he is tactically un-suitable.