Happy Birthday Hall of Fame: Brian Laudrup

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13286056.Glasgow_was_smiles_better_for_Laudrup_as_he_signed_for_Rangers/

I was at Glasgow Airport and saw a black guy with a club badge on and went over to get his autograph. For the life of me I can't remember who it was, maybe Boli ? Anyhoooo, it turns out he was flying out to join our squad who were training abroad, Italy ? and the guy standing beside him who I didn't recognise and totally ignored, turned out to be Laudrup.

:redface:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13286056.Glasgow_was_smiles_better_for_Laudrup_as_he_signed_for_Rangers/

I was at Glasgow Airport and saw a black guy with a club badge on and went over to get his autograph. For the life of me I can't remember who it was, maybe Boli ? Anyhoooo, it turns out he was flying out to join our squad who were training abroad, Italy ? and the guy standing beside him who I didn't recognise and totally ignored, turned out to be Laudrup.

:redface:

Whit a total Boabie you are....

I know it will be a generation thing but Laudrup is the greatest player Ive seen in Gers shirt.

Not just a top player but a truly class man.

Shame he left when he did, Chelsea were a rotating team then and it didn't work out for him - how I would have loved to see him in Advocaats team. He could have been converted into a number 10.

As I witnessed on a daily basis, Johan Cruiff, Willem van Hanegem, Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Dennis Bergkamp from when I was 22 then i am afraid Laudrup was nowhere near world class. World class in Scotland as I always say.

Is Willem van Hanegem a relation of the wee Feyenoord genius, Israel van H, who ruined celtic in a Euro final?

Two players mate it is Willem van Hanegem and Rinus Israël and they were indeed in the 1970 EC cup win against the tims. Another from that team you may remember is Wim Jansen and you won't have forgot Ove Kindvall I think.

As I witnessed on a daily basis, Johan Cruiff, Willem van Hanegem, Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Dennis Bergkamp from when I was 22 then i am afraid Laudrup was nowhere near world class. World class in Scotland as I always say.

But Baxter was.......