One of the funniest moments in football was when he chased the German bloke around the park and booting him up the arse.

He also booted a guy in the haw-maws in the Battle of Montevideo against Racing Club of Argentina.

In his own words, " I kicked his baws so hard I gave him a hump."

He also booted a guy in the haw-maws in the Battle of Montevideo against Racing Club of Argentina.

In his own words, " I kicked his baws so hard I gave him a hump."

I apologise in advance for the link via youtube, but for some of the youngsters, this is how the game of football SHOULD and used to be be played. :devil:

The baw-kicking incident is included.

Tommy was the Manager of Dundee, the night I was (in)famously (accidentally!?) locked in Firhill after I refereed his team in a friendly against Bertie Auld's Partick Thistle.

That as they say is another story, perhaps I'll tell it at the dinner this year; suffice for now to say that one James Scotland Symon, then General Manager of the Jags, phoned me to apologise the next day.

RIP Tommy, a nice man, from a different era of football as has been said.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

CELTIC have announced that a minute's silence will be held for Tommy Gemmell ahead of the Hoops' Scottish Cup quarter-final against St Mirren on Sunday.

The club legend and European Cup winner died at the age of 73 on Thursday after a long battle with illness.*

A club statement read: "There*will be a minute’s silence for club legend, Tommy Gemmell before this Sunday’s Scottish Cup quarter-final tie with St Mirren at Celtic Park.

"The Lisbon Lion sadly passed away in the early hours of Thursday morning but will forever be remembered as a true Celtic legend and part of the greatest side in the club’s history.

"The Celtic Family will now have the opportunity to pay tribute in their thousands to a man who played a pivotal role in our greatest ever triumph when, in Lisbon’s Estadio Nacional, 11 men all born within a 30-mile radius of Celtic Park, beat Inter Milan to win the European Cup.

"Not only was Tommy Gemmell part of the club’s greatest ever team, he was the man who sparked the comeback in Lisbon by firing in that unstoppable and memorable equaliser that not only turned the course of the game, but also turned the course of the club’s history and future.

"Sunday’s game kicks off at 12.30 when Celtic Park pays its final respects to Tommy Gemmell – a man who helped shape the modern-day Celtic."

He deserves a minutes silence!, however I thought ''the C****c way'' was to applaud?