they sound bitter, are they bitter?

Anyone seen the tackle from the Celtic player from the weekend? It is just as bad as Garners yet I don't see any stooshie about that one strangely enough.

You mean this one?

"You see, he kicked the ball, so it was a fair challenge" ... was the mumblings from beyond the Clyde and in the studio (according to FF).

You mean this one?

"You see, he kicked the ball, so it was a fair challenge" ... was the mumblings from beyond the Clyde and in the studio (according to FF).

It is just another glaring example of the absolutely hypocrisy that is Scottish Football and the "pundits".

And so the character assassination begins ... obviously by some anonymous DR scribbler who interveiwed an ex-ref. And while he points out that an Ayr United chaps was dismissed for a similar challenge than Garner's, he apparently missed the one linked above by Yahoo No. 88. It is a strange way to call for consistency while showing none himself.

John Beaton performance in Rangers versus Hamilton tie defied logic and belief - Richmond

Former whistleblower Charlie Richmond believes Bobby Madden will now get the Celtic v Rangers gig and says refs are unsettled by SFA inconsistency.

By Dailyrecord.co.uk 06:00, 6 MAR 2017

Every now and again a refereeing performance comes along that takes the breath away and defies logic as well as belief.

Step forward John Beaton. Dear oh dear John.

I praised the whistler to the hilt after his display in the League Cup final involving Celtic and Aberdeen back in October.

However Saturday’s display at Ibrox saw John plummet as low as you can go as an official.

His body language all day was wrong and he just did not look convincing in anything that he did.

Where do you start with John?

Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham should have been red-carded for deliberate handball outside the box.

There is no disputing that.

In fairness to John that should have been Alastair Mather’s call.

Alastair is a FIFA assistant referee and he should be stepping up there and making that call.

He has to communicate with John and help the referee out there.

The be-all-and-end-all is that the assistant should be in the perfect position to make that decision.

John may have seen the incident from a distance and Hamilton striker Rakish Bingham could have blocked his view.

It is a sending off all day long.

This is a simple process.

Alastair should have flagged, John would then have gone across and spoke to him and the Rangers goalkeeper would have been sent off.

The reason Foderingham handles the ball is because he thinks that Bingham is going to nick that away from him.

Foderingham panicked and handled the ball outside the box and it is an ordering off.

That would have changed the game totally.

Rangers would have had to sacrifice a player in that case and it might have been an attacker.

Then we move on to the penalty incident involving Jon Toral.

Let me say first and foremost I don’t believe it was a spot-kick.

My first impression was that there was not enough in the pull-back on the jersey to merit the contact needed to award a penalty.

Then there is the angle with the wrapping round of the foot but the way Toral goes down is unnatural.

Toral does not fall naturally and it’s as if he has fallen looking for a penalty.

I don’t think it is enough to award the penalty but in fairness to John he does.

Here is what I look for in a penalty.

If John has given the spot-kick for the pull back then Grant Gillespie who has made no attempt to play the ball should also be red carded.

However if John gives the spot-kick for the trip and Gillespie has made a genuine attempt for the ball then its a penalty and a yellow card.

John just awarded the spot-kick and nothing else which was baffling to me.

That was my downfall as a referee if there was nay doubt in my mind I never gave penalties.

I was of the mindset that penalties had to be of the stonewall variety to be awarded.

You know straight away and your gut would always tell you about certain decisions.

Later on in my refereeing career I would be commentating in my head and then shout out at major incidents and players would get a fright sometimes when I screamed out that it was penalty.

Now we come to the major talking point.

Joe Garner’s challenge on Dougie Imrie.

I just cannot understand for the life of me how Garner has stayed on the park.

John also took an eternity to make any kind of decision on it.

John will suffer the wrath for that one.

At the time I winced and even said to myself when I was watching it on the TV: ‘Oof!’

Dougie was very nearly put in the stands.

No wonder Imrie labelled it a ‘leg-breaker’ and that it belonged in the UFC.

If you look at the tackle by the Ayr United defender Scott McKenna’s challenge on Hibs midfielder John McGinn.

What is the difference.

McKenna walked?

Garner didn’t.

That is inexplicable and unbelievable.

There are the kind of decisions by referees that drive supporters crazy.

Fans want referees to be consistent when it comes to major decisions.

Both players have steamrollered in on their opponents and cleaned them out.

For a man of John’s standing in refereeing my one question to him would be: ‘How is that not a red card’?

What did he see with regards to that incident.

I was totally bamboozled by it.

Goals and decisions change games.

Garner scored three goals and two of them came after he should have been sent off.

It was a catalogue of errors and a weekend to forget for John.

Sadly he has taken himself right out of the shop window for the Celtic v Rangers game and I would think that Bobby Madden will be a certainty for that game now.

Bobby's stock is high at the minute and he will officiate at the UEFA under 21 European Championships in Poland this summer.

I also have to say I was full of admiration and credit for Hamilton boss Martin Canning and the way he handled himself.

He would have been perfectly within his right to slaughter John and his assistants in the press for that display but he chose not to do that.

Finally I was speaking to a couple of referees during the week and some of the officials are not happy with the way that some are getting away with things and others aren’t.

Observers are contacting the SFA with regards to certain officials and querying all sorts of incidents.

The incident of mistaken identity when Hearts player Malaury Martin was booked by Andrew Dallas after the Motherwell player had clipped his own teammates heels at Fir Park is a case in point.

Had that been a younger referee in charge of his first Premiership game then he would have been slated for not being good enough at his job.

I can tell you that there is a wee bit of unrest in the refereeing fraternity because some are getting away with things that others may not be.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-beaton-performance-rangers-versus-9970587

That will see Beaton not officiating any more Rangers games, the linesman goes to the Championship and, of course, Toral will be pulled in front of the Compliance Officer for blatant cheating. Richmond and the DR have spoken.

BTW, Richmond was praising the lad for his performance in the League Cup game between the Scum and Dons. Wonder what he has to say about the "foul" Beaton gave Aberdeen's way late in our first game at Pittodrie, where Tav did not even touch the red cheat (who was not hauled in front of the CO) ... and they snatched a last-gasp wonder-winner. Answers on a postcard or otherwise ...

There's a pattern developing at BBC PQ.

Remember, the game at Fir Park? A couple of sending-offs, another couple of controversial decisions, and the amplification was turned up to eleven. Cosgrove and Cowan had the Motherwell skipper, Keith Lasley on the show from 17.30hrs to 19.00hrs. The following night, one of those ordered from the field, 'Well's Scot McDonald was on Sportscene pleading his case. On the Monday evening, McDonald was a guest for ninety minutes on Sportsound.

On Saturday evening, Cosgrove and Cowan had Hamilton's McKinnon on for ninety minutes, reinforcing the points made by his manager, Martin Canning on the telephone call from objective Host of the Show, Richard Gordon. The hypocrite, Cosgrove laughingly makes regular claims on his weekly media review with Eamon O'Neill, that lack of fairness and balance keeps him awake at night. Yet, weekly he participates in kangaroo courts with loaded juries against Rangers.

We will see Chris McLaughlin appear on Cosgrove and Cowan before fairness and balance arrive. The next time a most controversial decision occurs in Scottish football, BBC Scotland must load their next three shows with representitives of the perceived injured parties. If not, they should be asked why? Surely, they cannot be subjecting Rangers soley to this particular version of fairness and balance?

In my opinion there are a referee two linesmen a fourth official I forget if we still have an assessor in the stand , so if all these officials miss an incident that should be it what happens on the field of play remains on the field of play , after every game now its like being back at primary school with some wee clipe running to teacher , please sir I seen compo hit cecil

The re-writing of history by another obsessed tramp ---

" It's easy to sort why the fuss? says:

March 6, 2017 at 5:17 am

The Scottish Referees went on strike a few years ago. Reason? They didn’t know…… just stop criticising us.

The stand in Referees from Europe didn’t get a single call wrong during play time across all games. Absolutely no criticism from anyone.

Our Refs are a waste of Rations and paid extortionately highly." :lol:

They took charge of FOUR games. :sleep: