Nottingham Forest set to appoint Mark Warburton

Is it not the case that they jumped, prior, perhaps, to being pushed, found that someone had removed the soft landing spot, tried to scramble back, were rebuffed, but now find, happily, for them, that the same safety net is back in place?

A strange situation, all round.

They couldn't have been pushed without full payment of their new contracts.

They couldn't have been pushed without full payment of their new contracts.

They sought alternative employment; this seems, clearly, to have been prior to being forced to do so, by dismissal, or termination by mutual agreement; they may have suspected that their positions were becoming untenable, but this was not formalised, as far as I know.

Edited by Uilleam

They sought alternative employment; this seems, clearly, to have been prior to being forced to do so, by dismissal, or termination by mutual agreement; they may have suspected that their positions were becoming untenable, but this was not formalised, as far as i know.

Then we appear to be in agreement and I would further contend that if the terms of that new employment altered in the intervening period then that was a risk that they knew or ought to have taken into account; and hence it does not impose any liability on RFC.

I see Warburton is saying there is a legal process going on regarding his departure from Rangers.http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10803894/warburton-privilege-to-manage-rangers

I see Warburton is saying there is a legal process going on regarding his departure from Rangers.http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10803894/warburton-privilege-to-manage-rangers

He's also saying he only heard from Notts "in the past few days."

Lying bassa.

Was at the NF v Derby game today.

Not impressed with the atmosphere for a derby game.

MW wore tracksuit and trainers.

Forest passed the ball to death

Keeper passed to defenders everytime and put his team under pressure a few times.

The fella next to me kept shouting to get it forward, enjoyed informing him to get used to the football, it doesn't change much. Felt sorry for him as his 'Scottish' team is Rangers.

This is what I think happened.....based on nothing at all so you'll all be riveted

King meets Warburton earlier on in the year and tells him it's not good enough considering the money he had to spend.

Warburton and co. take the hint and look for alternative employment

Notts Forest are interested as long as they don't have to pay compensation

Rangers agree to waive compensation with the agent

Forest deal stalls