PRESS CONFERENCE | Pedro Caixinha | 16 Mar 2017

Caixinha came across REALLY well.

I think I'm going to like him.

His views on what has to be done and regarding how we play sounds more or less exactly what we have all been asking for. Including "defensive organisation" and "much more aggressive on the finishing position" and "a team always attacking"

What more could we ask for? All this is going to take time to fully implement to his satisfaction but let's see how they line up and play tomorrow.

Wow! What an amazing press conference. There were no rehearsed responses that I could tell. He was however very well informed and wanted to demonstrate that. I didn't hear one cliche and he made every effort to give open and detailed responses to the questions. His use of analogies was helpful in simplifying some of his answers. Let's face it, the Scottish press needs all the help it can get to understand football in general, never mind his philosophy and approach.

His explanations are really good but I wonder how long he will continue to give such comprehensive answers. I fear the press up here will abuse this somehow, but he seems very switched on and able to detect the tone of their questions too when he answers.

I enjoy listening to him talk about his plans, preparations and philosophy but I'm even more intrigued to see what difference it all makes on the pitch. He will have a couple of weeks to embed some of his ideas so I will wait with great anticipation to see what he can achieve with these players over the next few weeks. He can't achieve much of a change for the Hamilton game, but I am hoping to see the players maintaining the desire to work hard for him as they did against Celtic.

The team looks to have trained intensively and normally that shows on match days. I expect us to come out fighting straight away.

Caixinha came across REALLY well.

I think I'm going to like him.

I like the honesty in his interview, much the same as Murty was!, he seems like he is up for the challenge, again as always the proof is in the pudding as they say!, but we all just have to get behind him and if the board back him then who knows?, we might just get someone with the drive to succeed?

Leaving aside the proof/pudding argument, for the moment, this guy sounds like a very focused, modern, hard working, professional European football coach.

This is refreshing, to say the least, and not before time.

(Wtf is he doing in the SPL?)

It seems that the players will require to work hard, physically, and mentally, and, of course, listen. They may be likely to benefit, irrespective of ability, if they buckle down.

Methodologies.....matrices.....I sense that some correspondents (M.Rousseau, perhaps) will already be in a state of some, ahem, excitement.

I'm very impressed with this man! His answers were cool calm and collected and his knowledge is outstanding!

If one of those reporters had asked him to name the 11 players who won the CWC in '72, he would have probably given the names of the guys on the bench too.

Really liking the guy!