Hibs fan who tried to punch Lee Wallace spared jail

Looking into the judge's comments reveals a slight slip of the tongue that possibly shows his inner thoughts:

"A footballer, no matter which team they play for". So a footballer, EVEN if it is for the big bad Rangers, doesn't merit violence. Funnily enough, he also attempted to assault TWO other Rangers players but those cases were thrown out as this one was waiting. Why is that not mentioned at all?

Is this not a case of the Bench viewing Mr Dale Pryde (a name like a brand of artisan cheese) as a middle class youth slumming it with oiks from Leith and East Lothian and, therefore, after a warning and a slap on the Rolex wrapped wrist, redeemable?

Greendykes, Uilleam, not Greenbank.

I rarely venture East of High Street, a policy which has stood me in good stead for many years.

Therefore, Greendykes means naught to me.

Was Mr Pryde not described in Court as a "squash coach", an incontrovertibly middle class occupation?

Here's what I think

It was ridiculous and oppressive that that anyone be jailed for signing a song

The idiot who ran onto the pitch out of his head committed very minor assaults.

He shouldn't go to jail either.

Obviously the judge in the second case had a sense of perspective that was missing in the first.

I rarely venture East of High Street, a policy which has stood me in good stead for many years.

Therefore, Greendykes means naught to me.

Was Mr Pryde not described in Court as a "squash coach", an incontrovertibly middle class occupation?

That wasn't Pryde. It was someone else that was the squash coach - Binnie I think... at George Watson's in edinburgh....

Here's what I think

It was ridiculous and oppressive that that anyone be jailed for signing a song

The idiot who ran onto the pitch out of his head committed very minor assaults.

He shouldn't go to jail either.

Obviously the judge in the second case had a sense of perspective that was missing in the first.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or genuinely think that hitting a woman with a chair is a minor assault?