Rangers v Motherwell- April's Full day

Scoring goals for Rangers would be much harder than scoring for Motherwell

No idea how you come to that conclusion.

I'd suggest playing for Rangers comes with its own very different challenges and expectations but, for a striker, you would expect more chances so it would very well be easier to score for us than Motherwell.

I know I am picking on only one line Frankie but I think that is very harsh.

Yes, Wes made a couple of fantastic saves - but so too did Sampson at the other end. Both teams could have scored 3 or 4 in the 2nd half but for some excellent keeping - so to suggest that without Wes it wouldn't have paid off is to ignore the contribution made at the other end by their keeper.

It was interesting, exciting and nerve-wracking - but the tempo we had in the 2nd half was excellent - you kind of got the feeling that the "front 6" were like "shit, we only have one defender - we need to press high to keep Motherwell on the back foot and keep the ball in their half" - to the extent that we saw a much improved tempo and determination it worked. However, tempo and determination should be two requisites in ANY game and always from the start. Shouldn't need to be down 1-0 at HT or have 3/4 of your defense removed to see a reaction.

The same way that the 1st game didn't really show us what Pedro can do, neither did this one. He will need 4 or 5 games and 6 weeks or so to even just start to stamp his authority on this squad - and even then..... if you are dealt lemons sometimes it is incredibly difficult to make lemonade from them. At the end of the day he still has the same players at his disposal that MW was getting very little from. He needs at least a couple of windows to be able to bring in the players that he wants in his system.

To me the changes were OTT and Senderos should have came on.

However, I did acknowledge the positives of the subs and we could easily have won the game given the chances we did create as a result of a more offensive setup. On the other hand, Wes made a superb contribution and 'Well were also wasteful outwith those saves and I'd argue created more than us because we were so open.

One half of me enjoyed the subs but the other half of me seen them as an unnecessary risk. No matter, it was certainly different and exciting for sure so I'm not complaining too much.

With Hill, Wallace and Wilson all out for Wednesday according to the official site, one wonders what is in store for Rugby Park!?

No idea how you come to that conclusion.

I'd suggest playing for Rangers comes with its own very different challenges and expectations but, for a striker, you would expect more chances so it would very well be easier to score for us than Motherwell.

teams raise their game against us, sit in at ibrox & park the bus etc, etc

how many strikers have we signed from SPL clubs who have failed miserably after signing for us ? plenty

teams raise their game against us, sit in at ibrox & park the bus etc, etc

how many strikers have we signed from SPL clubs who have failed miserably after signing for us ? plenty

And we've signed many that have done the business. Just as we've signed many from outwith Scotland that have also failed or done well.

Swings and roundabouts.

Should we not be looking at a better calibre player than Moult? Scoring goals in the SPFL proves nothing

*cough* *cough* Kris Boyd (1st time around)

Or the flip side would be..... "We need someone that can score goals in the SPFL.... Moult does that with an unfashionable team - so he is proven in this league" ?

Couldn't agree more... I don't feel he would be expensive and would be a valuable option to have, even if just as a squad player

will Wilson & Tavernier be available ?

I believe Tavernier was just suspended at the weekend so I would expect he will return to the starting line-up and Hodson will probably move to cover Wallace's absence

I have an admission to make. When Kenny Miller threw in that cross for the Garner goal I was in the middle of shouting. " Och Miller ya diddy what kind of ball is that." When the ball hit the net from Garner I was amazed and felt pretty stupid.

I think the other 44k bears were saying the same in their heads if not out loud. The guy behind me stood up and hurled abuse just as Garner scored. He didn't take much stick for it because we all knew we were just as guilty. To be fair, it looked like he mis-hit the cross.