Rangers v Motherwell- April's Full day

Motherwell came to play football? Must have been watching a different match as they just seemed intent on fouling and kicking their way through the game.

Hammer Throwers is how Mr Souness would have described Motherwell today

Hammer Throwers is how Mr Souness would have described Motherwell today

There's no doubt the physical nature of Motherwell's approach today caused us some problems. There were too many times when Hill, McKay, Holt and Miller were easily shoved off the ball. We need to be stronger because they are not the only team that will treat us this way. In that respect, Kiernan was great today. I don't remember him losing a single challenge and gave his most composed performance of the season.

The other three defenders were however too slow today, both in possession and in closing down Well's players. PC was apoplectic on so many occasions in that first half and it would have come as no surprise to any of them that they were hooked.

There are far more chances being taken with the forward passes and the diagonal balls out wide are obviously a tactic we had practised, although Well did really well to close the space down quickly. If Well played like that against other teams they'd be much higher up in the league.

I'm so excited about the next game now. Pedro is clearly someone who doesn't accept anything less than total effort so it'll be interesting to see who keeps their place in the team, and who replaces those that don't.

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;

i wish you'd been giving the team talk as that was atrocious out of the blocks today

another full house badly let down by meek surrender

as for the second half, just a shambles, a disorganised mess

fair play to foderingham for stopping another hiding.

i wish you'd been giving the team talk as that was atrocious out of the blocks today

another full house badly let down by meek surrender

as for the second half, just a shambles, a disorganised mess

fair play to foderingham for stopping another hiding.

??? I agree about being slow out of the blocks today, but it wasn't disorganised at all in the second half. In fact, they had to be very organised to play with only two defenders. PC went for it in the second half because he knew we needed to win the game. He has to get credit for that. And although Foderingham had some great saves, we could easily have scored a few at the other end. So, there's no way you can selectively pick out their chances and suggest we deserved a hiding. It was an exciting game of football, and although we didn't get the result we were looking for, I really enjoyed it - as did most people I spoke to afterwards.

It is a game of many different opinions, but I'm surprised at your characterisation if it.

Motherwell came to play football? Must have been watching a different match as they just seemed intent on fouling and kicking their way through the game.

When is it any different with their brand of football? But it works for them, they very nearly won it today.

When is it any different with their brand of football? But it works for them, they very nearly won it today.

I'm sure it is more effective against Rangers - normally you would be committing a ton of fouls but obviously you can get away with a lot more against us.