David Goodwillie signs for Clyde until end of season

According to BBC Sport..

Former Scotland striker David Goodwillie has joined Clyde until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old agreed to leave Plymouth Argyle in January after being ruled a rapist by a civil court in Edinburgh.

Goodwillie last played on 14 January, scoring his only Plymouth goal as a late substitute.

He goes straight into the Clyde squad for Saturday's League Two visit to bottom side Cowdenbeath.

The visitors, who recently replaced manager Barry Ferguson with players Peter MacDonald and JP McGovern, are four points above the Central Park hosts.

Goodwillie, capped three times, started his career at Dundee United, moving to Blackburn Rovers for a £2m fee in 2011.

He also had a spell at Aberdeen, as well as loan periods at Crystal Palace, Blackpool and Ross County.

How the mighty have fallen.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

He might end up playing for Moyes:-

David Moyes will face no action from Sunderland after threat to 'slap' female reporter

Many fans have called for the Scot's head, but the Wearsiders are standing firm

Sunderland will take no further action over David Moyes' threatening behaviour towards a female journalist.

The under-fire Scot was asked by the BBC's Vicki Sparks if the Black Cats' poor run of form might put him under pressure from chairman Ellis Short.

But Moyes batted away the enquiry and then fumed at Sparks off-camera, threatening her with violence if she were to repeat her line of questioning.

“It was getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself," he snarled.

“You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman. Careful the next time you come in.”

The BBC confirmed that Moyes had since apologised to Sparks for his choice of language, and Sunderland declared that "the matter was resolved amicably."

But despite shadow sports minister Rosena Allin-Khan's calls for FA action and an outcry from fans calling for the 53-year-old's head on Monday morning, The Independent understands that the Wearsiders consider it a closed matter.

Follow

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan

This is disgraceful. David Moyes cannot get away with these sexist threats - the @FA must take action immediately.

Clare Phillipson, director of the domestic abuse charity Wearside Women in Need, was "stunned" when she watched the exchange on video.

She said: "I think the FA have to look into it.

"It is for the FA to set a clear standard about what they think is acceptable.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sunderland-will-take-no-further-action-over-david-moyes-slap-threat-a7664061.html

He has since apologised.

David Moyes ‘deeply regrets’ telling BBC reporter she ‘might get a slap’

• Shadow sports minister and domestic abuse charity wants FA to take action

• Sunderland say manager spoke to Vicki Sparks and resolved matter

Monday 3 April 2017 12.28 BST First published on Monday 3 April 2017 10.51 BST

The Sunderland manager David Moyes says he “deeply regrets” threatening to slap a female reporter after the match against Burnley on 18 March and saying: “Careful the next time you come in.”

The Sunderland manager was addressing BBC Newcastle and Radio 5 Live reporter Vicki Sparks after she interviewed him following the 0-0 draw at home last month. The interview had finished but the exchange was captured on what appears to be a cameraphone.

Moyes was unimpressed that Sparks asked whether it put him under greater pressure knowing that Sunderland’s owner, Ellis Short, was in the stands. “No, none at all,” Moyes replied before making his remarks to Sparks thinking they were off-camera. “Just getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself … You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman.” Sparks can be heard and seen laughing and Moyes, who can be seen smiling, adds: “Careful the next time you come in.”

The reporter did not make a complaint, although colleagues were unimpressed. It is understood Moyes apologised during a telephone conversation. The BBC confirmed that Moyes and Sparks had spoken since and that the matter was resolved. A spokesman said: “Mr Moyes has apologised to our reporter and she has accepted his apology.”

Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Moyes said: “It was in the heat of the moment. I deeply regret the comments I made. That’s certainly not the person I am. I’ve accepted the mistake. I spoke to the BBC reporter, who accepted my apology.”

Meanwhile, the shadow sports minister has called on the Football Association to take action against Moyes. Dr Rosena Allin-Khan branded his conduct “disgraceful”, adding on Twitter: “David Moyes cannot get away with these sexist threats – the FA must take action immediately.”

Allin-Khan’s comments were echoed by Clare Phillipson, the director of domestic abuse charity Wearside Women in Need. She said she was “stunned” when she watched the exchange. “I think the FA have to look into it. It is for the FA to set a clear standard about what they think is acceptable,” she said.

“It was dreadful, absolutely appalling. This is a woman, in a very small minority of sports journalists, trying to go about her job and being threatened. It’s the sort of thing you expect down the local pub, not the kind of thing you get from a professional football manager.”

Gary Lineker also condemned Moyes’ behaviour, posting on Twitter: “Moyes incident highlights a tendency for some managers to treat interviewers with utter disdain. Pressured job. Well rewarded. Inexcusable.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/03/sunderland-david-moyes-tells-reporter-get-slap-bbc-vicki-sparks

There are video links in both the articles.

It does seem like he was at least half joking, but it was a really stupid thing to say, whether he meant it or not. One wonders, if the reporter had been a man, whether he might have banjoed him, like Dundee Hibs' Jim McLean did to John Barnes (not that one) in front of the TV cameras. (Shamefully, charges against McLean were not pressed.)

It does demonstrate that Moyes thinks that a proper response to awkward questioning is violence, or the threat of violence.

You may take the boy out of the piggery, but......

(I know his old BB Lieutenant. She will be less than amused.)

Edited by Uilleam

Would the same two journalists have reacted if he had said to a male "I'm going tp banjo you" Doubt it.Did not look at video links but according to above report both seemed to be smiling.

As we all know "political correctness" is a modern curse.

Goodwillie is obviously a bit of a nutter.

Moyes comments are something anyone can say in the street and it means nothing, it sarcasm. The only stupid line he said was "be careful next time you are here" that is actually stupid.

I am unconvinced that Moyes' suggestion that he might 'slap' a woman should be treated as mere badinage.

The implication that he might 'slap' a man for asking such a probing question is also something of a problem.

In the vast majority of workplaces, Moyes would be in deep shit for his remarks, and rightly so. In many he would be very hard pressed to keep his job.

To have someone in a position of responsibility, indeed of power, whose first touch (often the most revealing), when irritated, is violence, and/or the threat of violence, is not something that we should gloss over, in any workplace.

Perhaps Sunderland will find his behaviour sufficient cause to sack him for misconduct. He will then be free to take over from Strachan, and to join his fellow ex-sellik man and social dinosaur, Malky MacKay, in the corridors of power of the Scottish game.

He might end up playing for Moyes:-

David Moyes will face no action from Sunderland after threat to 'slap' female reporter

Many fans have called for the Scot's head, but the Wearsiders are standing firm

Sunderland will take no further action over David Moyes' threatening behaviour towards a female journalist.

'

Utter rubbish, hardly a threat, a bit of banter, yeah right he literally meant it, no way, daft thing to say, but typical of some 'Dr' woman to jmp all over it. Some people want to take offence and there are cameraphones in your face even after an interview nowadays.

The under-fire Scot was asked by the BBC's Vicki Sparks if the Black Cats' poor run of form might put him under pressure from chairman Ellis Short.

But Moyes batted away the enquiry and then fumed at Sparks off-camera, threatening her with violence if she were to repeat her line of questioning.

“It was getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself," he snarled.

“You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman. Careful the next time you come in.”

The BBC confirmed that Moyes had since apologised to Sparks for his choice of language, and Sunderland declared that "the matter was resolved amicably."

But despite shadow sports minister Rosena Allin-Khan's calls for FA action and an outcry from fans calling for the 53-year-old's head on Monday morning, The Independent understands that the Wearsiders consider it a closed matter.

Follow

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan

This is disgraceful. David Moyes cannot get away with these sexist threats - the @FA must take action immediately.

Clare Phillipson, director of the domestic abuse charity Wearside Women in Need, was "stunned" when she watched the exchange on video.

She said: "I think the FA have to look into it.

"It is for the FA to set a clear standard about what they think is acceptable.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sunderland-will-take-no-further-action-over-david-moyes-slap-threat-a7664061.html

He has since apologised.

David Moyes ‘deeply regrets’ telling BBC reporter she ‘might get a slap’

• Shadow sports minister and domestic abuse charity wants FA to take action

• Sunderland say manager spoke to Vicki Sparks and resolved matter

Monday 3 April 2017 12.28 BST First published on Monday 3 April 2017 10.51 BST

The Sunderland manager David Moyes says he “deeply regrets” threatening to slap a female reporter after the match against Burnley on 18 March and saying: “Careful the next time you come in.”

The Sunderland manager was addressing BBC Newcastle and Radio 5 Live reporter Vicki Sparks after she interviewed him following the 0-0 draw at home last month. The interview had finished but the exchange was captured on what appears to be a cameraphone.

Moyes was unimpressed that Sparks asked whether it put him under greater pressure knowing that Sunderland’s owner, Ellis Short, was in the stands. “No, none at all,” Moyes replied before making his remarks to Sparks thinking they were off-camera. “Just getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself … You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman.” Sparks can be heard and seen laughing and Moyes, who can be seen smiling, adds: “Careful the next time you come in.”

The reporter did not make a complaint, although colleagues were unimpressed. It is understood Moyes apologised during a telephone conversation. The BBC confirmed that Moyes and Sparks had spoken since and that the matter was resolved. A spokesman said: “Mr Moyes has apologised to our reporter and she has accepted his apology.”

Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Moyes said: “It was in the heat of the moment. I deeply regret the comments I made. That’s certainly not the person I am. I’ve accepted the mistake. I spoke to the BBC reporter, who accepted my apology.”

Meanwhile, the shadow sports minister has called on the Football Association to take action against Moyes. Dr Rosena Allin-Khan branded his conduct “disgraceful”, adding on Twitter: “David Moyes cannot get away with these sexist threats – the FA must take action immediately.”

Allin-Khan’s comments were echoed by Clare Phillipson, the director of domestic abuse charity Wearside Women in Need. She said she was “stunned” when she watched the exchange. “I think the FA have to look into it. It is for the FA to set a clear standard about what they think is acceptable,” she said.

“It was dreadful, absolutely appalling. This is a woman, in a very small minority of sports journalists, trying to go about her job and being threatened. It’s the sort of thing you expect down the local pub, not the kind of thing you get from a professional football manager.”

Gary Lineker also condemned Moyes’ behaviour, posting on Twitter: “Moyes incident highlights a tendency for some managers to treat interviewers with utter disdain. Pressured job. Well rewarded. Inexcusable.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/03/sunderland-david-moyes-tells-reporter-get-slap-bbc-vicki-sparks

There are video links in both the articles.

It does seem like he was at least half joking, but it was a really stupid thing to say, whether he meant it or not. One wonders, if the reporter had been a man, whether he might have banjoed him, like Dundee Hibs' Jim McLean did to John Barnes (not that one) in front of the TV cameras. (Shamefully, charges against McLean were not pressed.)

It does demonstrate that Moyes thinks that a proper response to awkward questioning is violence, or the threat of violence.

You may take the boy out of the piggery, but......

(I know his old BB Lieutenant. She will be less than amused.)

Utter rubbish, as if he actually threatened her, typical of a 'Dr' woman to jump all over it. It was a daft thing to say but the world has gone mad these days, people don't know what sexist is, there are now cameraphones in your face after an interview is over. It was banter, albeit ill advised.