Personally i think it would be worth taking a chance on him, depending on the fee and wages, anyone know his contract situation? Would we have to pay decent money for him?

I cant see us paying a lot with the state Leeds are in. They could still be relegated to League 1 and then he would definatly leave.

Looks like he could do a job in the SPL anyway...

No doubt about that. But if we are going to spend a few million on a striker (which in itself is unlikely); I'd rather it was on a more physical player to compliment Boyd and more directly replace Prso.

I don't quite agree. I thought he was terrible as a striker but quite reasonable if you think of him as an attacking midfielder...

Problem is he was deployed as the lone striker. Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up imo.

Healy is a strange one, there is an argument both ways, he isnt exactly prolific at club level yet he is banging them in for NI.

Personally i think it would be worth taking a chance on him, depending on the fee and wages, anyone know his contract situation? Would we have to pay decent money for him?

Never really fancied him before. It was just N.I bears pushing for him all the time and with his rank form at Leeds I couldn't understand where they were coming from. However his form at international level the last year or so has been awesome. Perhaps outwith our budget though?

David Healy is amazing and a partbnership with Boyd could be our answer to McCoist and Hately. We should sign him defently

Fraser mate, you cant be serious about that?? After watching McCoists video in the other section, Boyd cant be compared to Coisty at all. And Healy certainly isnt Hateley :D Big Mark played with Monaco and AC Milan before us.

Im not comparing them but if they two can get a partnership going i think it will be a partnership with goals and a passion to wear the shirt. A partnership that everypne could fear again, lets hope Leeds get relegated so we can get him on the cheap

No doubt about that. But if we are going to spend a few million on a striker (which in itself is unlikely); I'd rather it was on a more physical player to compliment Boyd and more directly replace Prso.

I totally agree with you there and Walter has hinted that that is what he's looking for.

That's the great thing about Walter, he looks for the obvious weaknesses and enhancements first before trying to finesse.

We've needed to shore up the central defence for a couple of seasons yet PLG brought in Papac and Svensson then puts a midfielder in defence and then said he wouldn't bring in anyone in January. Walter comes in and straight away signs Weir, Webster and Ehiogu.

PLG says Barry needs to play more forward and yet puts Hemdani in defence and only a young Clement beside Barry in midfield. Smith puts in Hemdani and Thomson to give the Captain a more forward role.

PLG doesn't rate Boyd despite his goal scoring record, Walter compliments him and says he needs a big target man up beside him.

PLG is probably still a great manager, but he seems to have forgotten that you have to get the basics right first before you start thinking about building a new team with a new formation for the future.

Rangers can't afford to wait on dodgy looking players to get on track while losing to second bottom team and I don't believe that building a young, unsuccessful team in the present will result in a hugely successful one in the future. How many teams have really gone backwards to go forwards?

I think most really successful teams take incremental steps forward until suddenly they have got all the pieces of the jigsaw and become a great team.