The weekend just past provided some peaky-boo opportunities to glimpse behind the Pacific Quay mask.

Scheduling is something that is put in place, weeks in advance. Obviously, given the number of Dandy chaps at PQ, sequences of presenters supporting the same club will occur. However, the weekend last began on Friday evening with Rob McLean presenting Sportsound, then on Saturday, Richard Gordon hosted, 'Open all Mikes' from Aberdeen. The more observant might recall, the Dons were playing Rangers on Sunday afternoon. Even Cosgrove inquired as to Big Dick's desire to present from a city with no game? No answer was forth coming. Of course, there was reason for the AmDram Quine to be present at Pittodrie on Palm Sunday, and he was. On Sunday night, we had Jonathon Sutherland on Sportscene, and Monday evening had Liam McLeod presenting Sportsound.

Quite a sequence to schedule. I suspect there was a considerable level of anticipation to be sated? Salivation off the Pavlovian scale at the prospect of Aberdeen confirming their dominance had to be controlled. Every aspect of triumphalism had to be broadcast, many knives had been sharpened to stab the beast. Think of all those e-mails and text messages already written by the Producers, just awaiting broadcast. Actually, a clearly crestfallen and emotionally over-wrought Liam McLeod adhered to the script on Monday night. He had Stephen McGowan and Scott McDonald in the studio, and they all agreed Aberdeen had dominated, and had just suffered a mad five minute spell. Several texts and e-mails were read out reinforcing the new line, then there was the fluffing of the comfort blanket that is the league table. Liam finished by reminding the listenership that Thistle are top six and want to flaunt such status at Ibrox on Saturday.

Yep, it would appear such scheduling has back fired.

On Saturday, after the Morton/Hibs game; Neil Lennon participated in another clusterfcuk of a post match press conference. PQ listened in but offered no damning comment reference Lennon's accusations of cheating by officials. They began to fade out as Neil began to ignore the script. He was arguing there was a a link between opposition players striking the ball off his defenders' arms and the eagerness of refs to award penalties. He supported this point by offering, "I've asked Neil Cameron and the boys to look into this". Strange, Cameron is the Herald's leading football writer and a BIG YAHOO. We all know that Peter gives Rod a helping hand regularly, with emergency loan signings. Is Peter now extending such assistance to those he controls in the press? We should be told.

A team of trained counselors are currently soothing Dandy Don angst inside PQ.

" they all agreed Aberdeen had dominated, and had just suffered a mad five minute spell. "

and probably just like yourself I jdidn't see it that way at all 26th.

We could have been 2 up at half time. We went flat for 20 minutes just after the break but fortunately the sheep played like...., well, sheep. They had nothing to offer except a couple of shots which our keeper dealt with relatively easily.

We deserved our first goal. The sheep, much like most teams do throughout a game, made a mistake and were punished by ruthless finishing for our second.

The sheep then tried to move players around to get back into the game, leaving spaces in their defence which once again our strikers capitalised on scoring a third and almost a fourth.

Rangers deserved to win. The sheep in trying to implement a plan B got punished.

Had it been the manks on show they'd be getting praised for showing their "class" and withstanding a period of home pressure.

In short, they don't even bother to hide what's going on these days.

Was away over the weekend so caught up with the game on Monday as well as the Sportsound podcast (that downloads automatically but is usually deleted)... I was treated to Richard Gordon and Willie Miller build the narrative about the mad last 15 minutes... In fairness, they waxed lyrical about our clinical finishing and the way we finished the game, but offered absolutely no explanation for this other than Aberdeen switched off and made mistakes. Could it have been that despite their pressure for the first 25 mins of the second half, they mostly fed off half-chances and that we actually defended pretty well. Could it also have been that even though the game progressed to the final 20 minutes, rather than letting our levels drop, we noticably maintained (and even increased) our pressing game and forced them into making mistakes at the back which led to the goals?

A classic away performance, one might say. But no explanation or deeper analysis than "Aberdeen were excellent and the better team for 75 minutes, but then a mad final 15", was given. I expected no less. its these brief forays back to the podcast that reinforce why I rarely tune in to the show live, and mostly delete the podcast when it downloads.

Let's suppose St Johnstone had come to Ibrox and performed similarly in a 0 - 3 victory.

The PQ report/discussions would have been admiring of Saints' ability to withstand pressure and their clinical, ruthless finishng and don't forget they could have scored twice in the first half. Rangers on the other hand had only a half-hearted claim for a soft penalty which would have been hard on Saints if the ref had given it and the otherwise, for all their second half pressure didn't have the guile to create any clear-cut chances against a doughty Perth rearguard.

See, I could write their scripts for them. Any colour of specs will do except of course Rangers blue.

A wee update.

Liam McLeod was hosting Sportsound again last evening(Wednesday), three-in-a-row and continues to firefight last Sunday's humiliation of his beloved Dandy Dons by Rangers. All guests have to accept it was a mad five minute fall from grace and Aberdeen will deservedly finish second.

Joe Dodo's comments had Liam beelin'. The table does not lie and the objective host of the show decided to approach another objective source to deny Dodo's belief that Rangers are better than the Dons. Yep, those paragons of objectivity, 'Red TV', Aberdeen's in-house broadcast service. Steve Tosh labeled Joe as delusional. Further Tosh was spouted on second place finishing. The other objective guest was Hamilton's skipper, Mikey Devlin. Like Rangers, Accies have defeated the mighty Dons twice this season. At the conclusion to the programme, Liam posed Mikey the following : 'who are the better team and who will finish second'? Mikey, ignoring two recent thumpings from the Bears, replied, "Aberdeen and Aberdeen". A clearly elated Liam concluded with word, "sooooooooooooooperbbb"!

Now, given Adam Rooney's latest outburst about Aberdeen's run of home wins being good enough to put the club top of the league, I am sure Liam will be tapping the usual objective sources to reinforce the sage that is Adam Rooney? Who will Red TV put up tonight?

A wee update.

Liam McLeod was hosting Sportsound again last evening(Wednesday), three-in-a-row and continues to firefight last Sunday's humiliation of his beloved Dandy Dons by Rangers. All guests have to accept it was a mad five minute fall from grace and Aberdeen will deservedly finish second.

Joe Dodo's comments had Liam beelin'. The table does not lie and the objective host of the show decided to approach another objective source to deny Dodo's belief that Rangers are better than the Dons. Yep, those paragons of objectivity, 'Red TV', Aberdeen's in-house broadcast service. Steve Tosh labeled Joe as delusional. Further Tosh was spouted on second place finishing. The other objective guest was Hamilton's skipper, Mikey Devlin. Like Rangers, Accies have defeated the mighty Dons twice this season. At the conclusion to the programme, Liam posed Mikey the following : 'who are the better team and who will finish second'? Mikey, ignoring two recent thumpings from the Bears, replied, "Aberdeen and Aberdeen". A clearly elated Liam concluded with word, "sooooooooooooooperbbb"!

Now, given Adam Rooney's latest outburst about Aberdeen's run of home wins being good enough to put the club top of the league, I am sure Liam will be tapping the usual objective sources to reinforce the sage that is Adam Rooney? Who will Red TV put up tonight?

Another red monkey on another red stick; or perhaps another green monkey on another green stick, variety being the spice of life.

Maybe the Aberdonians' melancholy arose because they were persuaded, by Davie Provo's sage advice, to invest heavily against the 'Gers at the weekend. I certainly hope so.

I heard part of last night's circus, but felt constrained to switch off when McLeod announced an item on that up and coming Scottish team, Derry City, reasoning that if I wished to hear about Oirish fitba', I should tune to an Oirish station.