Barrie McKay turns down offer to extend deal by two years

IN MY DAY he wouldn't have got a game in the reserves punt him and get as much as we can for him

Agree. And he would struggle in the English championship. His biggest weakness (apart from consistency) is his final pass or cross.

He either decides he needs to buckle down and improves or we should punt him if we can.

Actually, I wouldn't put it past him to excel in England or even Germany. The footie there will be different to the constant "parked bus" and solid defending he faces in Scotland, which might suit his style.

A look at the past couple of matches when despite 30 odd corners he couldn't deliver one single meaningful delivery says all there needs to be known about McKay.

He is a luxury very few teams in world football would be willing to put up with.

Unless a winger can give a forward the ball to do something with then he's nothing more than the waste of a clean jersey.

I like McKay. I was brought up in the days of tanner-baw players. McKay fails at what Henderson, etc regarded as bread and butter.

One of the problems is that he's not really a winger and certainly not a left winger; the result being he rarely hits the bye line and cuts inside instead usually with little end product.

I think he would be a much better player in the no.10 role where he has played occasionally.

It was obvious when he only signed a one year extension last year that he saw his future elsewhere and wasn't going to sign a long term deal.

I say SELL in the summer window.

I've been critical of McKay but this video suggests it's not all down to him:

[tweet]852630581309571073[/tweet]

I think I'd be correct in saying that 9 out of 10 of those final passes was with his right foot in front of the defence; how much sharper would they be as cut backs from the right bye line?

IMHO, Lewis Macleod and Barrie McKay haven been blessed with a similar talent. If he wants to further this and his career in e.g. England or Germany, I'd have no problem with that. And Rangers will most likely have not that great a choice. Thus, if the status quo remains, place a 6 to 8m fee on his head, and we may get 5m from some EPL of Championship side ... which will go a long way to improve the current squad. In an ideal world, I'd keep him, of course.

£5 million for a player struggling in Scotland?