Rangers 2 (Miller,Toral) Partick Thistle 0

Dodoo is a left-winger or left sided attacker, not really a central striker. Thus we can try him on the left and might move McKay infield, to a more central role behind Waghorn and Garner.

What will be interesting to see is whether PC will change the line-up according to the opposition. I would assume that Thistle won't play as open a game as Aberdeen did, so it will most likely be another testing and probing affair, unless someone starts shooting as soon as an opportunity presents itself - and we can score early on. I would give Miller a rest and bring him on somewhat later. Holt will most likely be in there, as he did a good enough job assisting the still weakened defence.

Edited by der Berliner

Dodoo is a left-winger or left sided attacker, not really a central striker. Thus we can try him on the left and might move McKay infield, to a more central role behind Waghorn and Garner.

What will be interesting to see is whether PC will change the line-up according to the opposition. I would assume that Thistle won't play as open a game as Aberdeen did, so it will most likely be another testing and probing affair, unless someone starts shooting as soon as an opportunity presents itself - and we can score early on. I would give Miller a rest and bring him on somewhat later. Holt will most likely be in there, as he did a good enough job assisting the still weakened defence.

I agree about Dodoo and as I said elsewhere McKay is wasted (and frustrated?) on the left, his real position is as the #10.

So I like the thoughts and line up expressed here:

13th April, 2017, 9:57 PM

COMMENT By Harvey Byrne

Manager Pedro Caixinha should axe attackers Martyn Waghorn and Joe Garner from the Rangers team which is set to hos Partick Thistle at Ibrox on Saturday afternoon.

The Gers’ last game saw them earn a crucial 3-0 win away at second placed side Aberdeen with a late double from Kenny Miller alongside a Joe Dodoo goal.

Now, youngster Dodoo deserves to make his first league start for the Glasgow giants since the 2-0 defeat against Hearts in November.

This means Caixinha should put in a formation change to accommodate the young summer signing with Waghorn, 27, axed after failing to score in his last three league appearances.

Meanwhile, Garner should also join him by dropping out of the team with Barrie McKay stepping in, in two changes.

The front two of Miller and Dodoo should line-up well against the Partick defence and the mix of experience and youth should cause all sorts of problems.

Meanwhile, with McKay behind them the Partick back four will have something else to think about with the Scottish national proving devastating on his day.

Behind the attacking trio must see talented loan duo Jon Toral and Emerson Hyndman alongside Jason Holt.

Bournemouth’s Hyndman played a more attacking role against the Dons, but he struggled to impress and a more reserved role in the centre of the park may suit him better as he clearly has some quality.

The unchanged back line of James Tavernier, David Bates, Danny Wilson and Myles Beerman is also capable of keeping it’s third consecutive clean sheet with Lee Wallace, Rob Kiernan and Clint Hill all ruled out.

Lastly, usual number one Foderingham should start between the sticks and he will be aiming for his 12th clean sheet of the campaign.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/27-year-old-axed-caixinha-4-3-1-2-rangers-best-possible-xi-face-partick-thistle/

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I'd rather go 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 at home against "weaker" teams. Holt as the workhorse in midfield covering our young defenders AND Tavernier, should he venture forward. Toral and Hyndman in midfield for creativity, with perhaps Dodoo on the left. His trickery might be able to unlock a solid defence more than the pace of McKay, as the defence will presumably not move out that much. I'd keep Garner from the start for the simple reason that he is a constant pest to the defenders, whereas all other strikers that we have move about a lot and are more often than not not were it hurts (them and) the opposition.

Edited by der Berliner

Hearts were held 0-0 away at Killie (quelle surprise), so the first result of the weekend went our way. No matter how St. Johnstone vs Aberdeen ends, the result will do us a favor. Now it is for us to do our homework.

And ... it would obviously be a nice icing on the cake if Ross County scores a 92nd minute penalty (hopefully wrongly given) against the Scum, to claim an "utterly undeserved" home win and shatter their "unbeaten run" saga.

Edited by der Berliner