Scott Brown red card appeal - hypocrisy

While it shows the incompetence of the SFA in not being able to handle these things in the same week, Rangers have also used the appeal ruling to their advantage in the past, so I have no problem with Celtic using it. Lets face it Brown hardly kicked a ball in the last game so I would rather he played than Rogic

While it shows the incompetence of the SFA in not being able to handle these things in the same week, Rangers have also used the appeal ruling to their advantage in the past, so I have no problem with Celtic using it. Lets face it Brown hardly kicked a ball in the last game so I would rather he played than Rogic

Not being able? Not being willing more like? But honestly, they have still a few months leeway, taking the trial of Glenn Loovens as a precedent?!

That was the tackle the ref (and the BBC report) missed that day:

24uvqbk.jpg

It was soon after the game that it was raised with the SFA. Scum FC had two defenders out injured, it was title run-in phase, so they appealed. Loovens was free to play ...

He was punished with a one-match ban and had 12 points added to his 2008-09 disciplinary points total for 'misconduct of a significantly serious nature'.

He appealed against the decision but lost that verdict and will now miss Saturday's Clydesdale Bank Premier League game against Motherwell.

Loovens' case has exposed serious flaws in the SFA's disciplinary process.

Despite his clash with Edu taking place more than five months ago, he was not found guilty until the disciplinary committee met on August 7.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1220614/Celtics-Glenn-Loovens-loses-appeal-ban-clash-Rangers-star-Maurice-Edu.html#ixzz4eghYAWh4

That was in 2009, now we have 2017 and nothing has changed. BTW, "misconduct of a significantly serious nature" and he received a ONE game ban. Might be mistaken, but methinks Edu did not play again that season. "Cheating" and "diving" is now been rewarded with 2 game bans, just wait for a Schalk verdict (or has the Compliance Officer been on Easter Monday holiday too?). Ridiculous. Not least when certain players get the Freedom of Glasgow anyway ...

The Compliance Officer has issued the following notice of complaint:

Player: Alex Schalk (Ross County FC)

Match: Ross County v Celtic - Sunday, 16 April 2017 (Scottish Premiership)

Discplinary Rule allegedly breached: Rule 201 - That on or around the 88th minute of the above match you committed an act of simulation

Fixed suspension offer: Yes - two matches (to be served immediately, irrespective of competition)

Outcome: Two-match suspension offer accepted

A Disciplinary Tribunal will convene to consider the following claim of wrongful dismissal:

Player: Scott Brown (Celtic FC)

Match: Ross County v Celtic - Sunday, 16 April 2017 (Scottish Premiership)

Case: Claim of wrongful dismissal for serious foul play

Principal hearing date: Thursday, 27 April 2017

When Brown's appeal is inevitably dismissed as frivolous will he miss the OF game on the subsequent Sunday ?

I don't think I want him to miss any of the games as he is very, very over-rated.