After people having a go at Barcelona diving and cheating the other week in the 6-1 PSG game I fully expect the same people to show their disdain of Real Madrid for Asencio rolling around and getting Vidal sent off for what wasn't even a foul.

Real Madrid are every bit as bad, if not worse, than Barcelona. About 30 seconds before the sending off Sergio RAMOS went down as if he had been pole-axed by Lewandoski despite there being minimal contact at best.

I hate cheating, no matter who it is or what club they play for.

It is a scourge of football that UEFA and FIFA need to take far more seriously.

Cheating bastards

Edited by craig

Cheating is a modern plague in football and although it is the players that do it IMO their clubs are every bit as liable, you never see a coach/manager coming out and admitting that their player has simulated as they call it nowadays,although all credit to Jim McIntyre for doing so at the weekend.

It would not surprise me if some form of how to cheat was part of some clubs training.

Also IMO managers/players demanding referees show red/yellow cards should be booked for doing this it is disrespectful.

Ramos is one of these players who is easily disliked.

Would be nice if Atletico get one over their rivals this season but Id be happy with anyone who is left in it winning it except Real.

After people having a go at Barcelona diving and cheating the other week in the 6-1 PSG game I fully expect the same people to show their disdain of Real Madrid for Asencio rolling around and getting Vidal sent off for what wasn't even a foul.

Real Madrid are every bit as bad, if not worse, than Barcelona. About 30 seconds before the sending off Sergio RAMOS went down as if he had been pole-axed by Lewandoski despite there being minimal contact at best.

I hate cheating, no matter who it is or what club they play for.

It is a scourge of football that UEFA and FIFA need to take far more seriously.

Cheating bastards

So Barcelona are cheating bastards as well? :laugh:

The standard of officiating was more concerning to me last night. The sending off was just bad refereeing and Ronaldo's second goal should have been picked up as being clearly offside. It wasn't a difficult decision.

The sending off ruined a fascinating game. Bayern playing the slightly better football but Real being at home. It was so evenly poised and could have gone either way had the sending off not occurred.

Just watched the highlights of the game. How Casemiro didnt even get a booking is beyond belief, he should have been sent off.

Vidal won the ball for his second tellow but it wasnt the one to see but it was a wrong decision.

Ronaldo - two off side goals.

11 v 11 in both legs - Bayern were the better side.

Ronaldo - two off side goals.

I can't blame the linesman for the second one. I haven't seen it slowed down but watched it a couple of times in replay at normal speed and wasn't sure if it was or wasn't.

However the first one was a shocker.

Years and years of watching Rangers playing in Europe led to me despising cheats. In the 60's and 70's Eastern European, Turkish and Greek sides were my pet hates due to the diving and cheating going on. The Germans got it down to a fine art later.

I've even came to going right off some of our own for cheating. Lafferty and Garner can feck right off as far as I'm concerned.

The Germans got it down to a fine art later.

Lothar Matthäus, @Ibrox, I recall, threw himself to the turf, as if poleaxed, when the nearest Gers' player, Ferguson, B., was at least a metre from him. The referee, of course, awarded a free kick against us.

Loathsome Matthäus, thereafter for me.

Edited by Uilleam

So Barcelona are cheating bastards as well? :laugh:

The standard of officiating was more concerning to me last night. The sending off was just bad refereeing and Ronaldo's second goal should have been picked up as being clearly offside. It wasn't a difficult decision.

The sending off ruined a fascinating game. Bayern playing the slightly better football but Real being at home. It was so evenly poised and could have gone either way had the sending off not occurred.

Suarez took a dive, yes. Was he cheating ? Probably. Does that mean the whole team cheat ? No. Did I say all of Real Madrid cheat ? No.

So, wait, Asensio rolls around as if pole-axed by Vidal despite there being zero contactand that is just "bad refereeing" but when Suarez takes a dive in the box with little contact it is bad refereeing ?? I'm sure you aren't suggesting that one was cheating and one wasn't BD. I would be interested in how you would conclude that - especially as the Vidal sending off happened with there being no contact from him whatsoever on Asensio - there is absolutely zero reason for Asensio to roll around as if he had been fouled. There was no contact.

I do agree though that the refereeing was shocking - but the same could also be said for the ref in the Barca v PSG 6-1 game - but most of the noise was on Barca cheating. Yet here we now are looking more at the officials rather than the players. That appears to me to be very inconsistent.

Completely agree about the sending off ruining the game. The game was perfectly balanced at that point. Bayern were up 2-1 but both teams looked capable of more with Real creating more chances whilst Bayern's seemed to be slightly better chances. The game was on a knife-edge and it was a fantastic spectacle - and then the ref sends off Vidal - and whilst players look to gain whatever edge they can, I don't think it can be doubted that Asensio cheated and conned the ref. So if anyone spoiled the game it was Asensio rather than the ref, though the ref is culpable too I guess.

The sending off completely ruined the tie. Vidal will be beside himself for missing that penalty in the 1st leg. Not sure why he would be the one hitting it anyway with guys like Muller playing that night....