since 1983, Aberdeen have won the following:

2 x League

3 x Scottish cup

4 x League cup

Rangers for the same period:

17 x League

9 x Scottish cup

16 x League cup

Someone might want to get Mr Millar to clarify what he actually refers to with "success on the field"....

He was in an indisputably very good sheep side but that was an entirely different era. We're now in an era where they will likely never win another league title.

On a sidenote ... Christophe Berra has signed a pre-contract with Hearts, while Joey Barton has been relased by Burnley, since his playing days are numbered due to that (IMHO) ridiculous betting ban.

On another sidenote, it would obviously be a change in our previous transfer dealings if we would indeed announce a signing or two this week. MW back then was "nearly there" a few times, "good news" were 'round the corner too. And nothing materialzed for days, if not weeks, if at all.

Now PC has said that something will happen and while I wouldn't exactly want to place his words on a pair of gold scales, it would be a welcomed change to to the norm if soething would actually happen. (Then again, you wonder whether something concrete can actually be said, as the window ain't open just yet and people are still under contract ... )

Edited by der Berliner

I think any improvement at all would edge us ahead of the rest and a vast improvement would put us far ahead of the rest. I'm obviously hoping for the vast improvement and feel somewhat encouraged that will happen.

Manager Pedro Caixinha says Rangers fans can expect to see a far more competitive team next season. "We're going to have a competitive, strong team that will please our fans and the history of this club," he said. "The team will be something different next season, definitely. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39993493

I will take his word for that since I think he's smart enough to know that if he said that then all we got was more of the same he would have put himself in a very difficult position indeed.

I think any improvement at all would edge us ahead of the rest and a vast improvement would put us far ahead of the rest. I'm obviously hoping for the vast improvement and feel somewhat encouraged that will happen.

I will take his word for that since I think he's smart enough to know that if he said that then all we got was more of the same he would have put himself in a very difficult position indeed.

They will sign players as well.............PC needs to get his signings correct for us to challenge them, although I do not expect to win the title next season!

They will sign players as well.............PC needs to get his signings correct for us to challenge them, although I do not expect to win the title next season!

This time round I will be expecting a minimum second place with a hugely reduced margin between first and second and a good space between second and third. We have to expect targets were narrowed down weeks ago because we don't have a great deal of time to get this done before the first Euro qualifier. We only need to consistently beat the rest to make this thing a far tighter race.

Probably looking at a stiffening of the central defence and midfield. That all on it's own would make for a major improvement. He seems to like Garner and has intentions of playing to his strengths so if we can also throw in another good striker we will be getting there.

They ... have been rather lucky with players this season. There is no doubt that Sinclair and Dembele gave them a great boost. Yet it remains very much to be seen which of these players will be there next season, whether they can achieve the same level of performance - individually and as a team - again and whether they can remain injury free. Incoming transfers there might be, but who can say for sure how they will kick on? We all know how football works and as far as I am aware, their finances are not that great - again - unless they sell someone/-few to have another 5 or 10m to spend. Or whether their board actually deems it necessary ...

He seems to like Garner and has intentions of playing to his strengths so if we can also throw in another good striker we will be getting there.

To be honest I would rather have a clever footballer as a striker than a dodgem car

To be honest I would rather have a clever footballer as a striker than a dodgem car

I'm sure we all would but as it stands we have what we have. I don't care how he gets them into the net providing he does so. Can bounce in off his arse for all I care.

I'm sure we all would but as it stands we have what we have. I don't care how he gets them into the net providing he does so. Can bounce in off his arse for all I care.

Less likely to score with your arse than your feet :)

They ... have been rather lucky with players this season. There is no doubt that Sinclair and Dembele gave them a great boost. Yet it remains very much to be seen which of these players will be there next season, whether they can achieve the same level of performance - individually and as a team - again and whether they can remain injury free. Incoming transfers there might be, but who can say for sure how they will kick on? We all know how football works and as far as I am aware, their finances are not that great - again - unless they sell someone/-few to have another 5 or 10m to spend. Or whether their board actually deems it necessary ...

You are right DB they have been good this year, they have been riding the crest of a wave. They definitely wont have as good a season next year, someone pointed this out the other day that Rodgers seems to suffer from second season syndrome, I don't think Sinclair will be as good next year either.

As stated in this thread we need to get our signings spot on this time and we surely can't have as bad a transfer window

I think they will win the league but I dnt think the gap will be as big, I reckon we will win a cup