The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I hope that we are not seeing a strategy, akin to that of McCoist, of signing other SPL teams' "best" players, with the belief (or fervent hope and prayer, more likely) that this will produce a team, rather than a random collection of somewhat variable talents.

Surely PC is not so lazy and cynical?

I hope that we are not seeing a strategy, akin to that of McCoist, of signing other SPL teams' "best" players, with the belief (or fervent hope and prayer, more likely) that this will produce a team, rather than a random collection of somewhat variable talents.

Surely PC is not so lazy and cynical?

This may not be down to PC.......

1 or 2 never did much harm pre 2012. We actually had some decent signings. Davie Robertson and Andy Goram didnt do much wrong and Im sure the Boyd fans will add him. Ok we have had some stinkers like Gow and Bollan but always judge a player after he has kicked a few balls.

Last few years is a harsh judgement - there were players we needed to actually complete a squad so I dont begrudge much due to the circumstances despite performances.

The old saying Rome wasnt built in a day - 1 or 2 SPL signings may be good to mix with players from abroad - they will know the league and lets face it we need a few fresh faces.

Every succesful manager in scotland has signed good players from other scottish teams.

Yes I don't get that "he is Scottish so he must be shit" I would say there are a few young Scottish players that will end far higher. Unfortunately most seem to be at Corrugated City.

or he's meaning the rumour about Craig Levin

What rumour is that? No way will that happen.

Im sure Jonathan Johansson is working behind the scenes about players and will have a saying and knows Levein is a no-go to be anywhere near Ibrox.