The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

The rumour told to me earlier this week wasn't that he wants to be DOF but that he's acting as Director of Football in the absence of one. Whether that's through choice or necessity wasn't made clear. The same person told me the Park family are financially keeping the whole show on the road currently as no one else is investing. He maybe deluded too of course.

I thought the club had more or less broken even for this season and nothing or very little was needed by way of soft loans

I thought the club had more or less broken even for this season and nothing or very little was needed by way of soft loans

There's usually cashflow issues prior to the season ticket money coming in.

That's why were previously used Ticketus. I remember doing a few calculations and thinking that we may run out but I didn't know about Ticketus at that point. It was hidden from us as it was always cleared prior to the year-end because of season tickets.

Edit - however you're correct in that the statements by the directors suggested little was needed.

Edited by Bluedell

The rumour told to me earlier this week wasn't that he wants to be DOF but that he's acting as Director of Football in the absence of one. Whether that's through choice or necessity wasn't made clear. The same person told me the Park family are financially keeping the whole show on the road currently as no one else is investing. He maybe deluded too of course.

None of the directors are putting money in. We know that as it would have to be declared.

None of the directors are putting money in. We know that as it would have to be declared.

I guess when King says all the ST money will go to improving the team, Investors will need to put in money to cover the running costs. I don't think you should put all in the past but what is in the future.

Waggy wanted Rangers hitman Martyn Waghorn summer target for Scunthorpe boss Graham Alexander

The English League One outfit want the hitman to spearhead their promotion push next season

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1032699/rangers-hitman-martyn-waghorn-summer-target-for-scunthorpe-boss-graham-alexander/

Please let it be true.

That's another thing I don't really get. Guys like Waghorn dragged us out of the Championship, gave us quite some joy, yet have obviously found their level (or simply had a bad season) and are now treated like ... well, you name it.

One could simply say: thanks for the job, it was appreciated and we wish you luck wherever you go!

I guess when King says all the ST money will go to improving the team, Investors will need to put in money to cover the running costs. I don't think you should put all in the past but what is in the future.

I dont see why. Seson ticket money is only a third or so of our income.

We claim to be the best supporters in the world, but on what basis?

We slaughter our own players, many of whom are only doing their best (although it's not up to the standard we'd want).

We have slaughtered PC after only a few games in charge.

We slaughter DK when he was the only one willing and able to put his money into the club, and thereby saving us from oblivion.

We can't even get 7 supporters to work together in Club 1872.

Maybe it's time we took a long hard look at ourselves. Maybe we need to change as a support, just as much as the playing side of the club needs to change. I won't hold my breath though. It's so much easier to sit at a game or behind a keyboard and slaughter everyone else. It certainly distracts everyone from some of our own issues.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time for the support to have a reality check in terms of where we are in our rebuild plan. As a club we were dying, but thanks to a small number of persistent and dedicated supporters we have survived. We have climbed our way back up to the top table and have achieved a European place for next season. We are a million miles away from Celtic in terms of finances, and yet we've given them a few scares this season. Our board was under extreme pressure to respond to our management team walking out, and rather than taking the easy option, they appointed someone who is no doubt a risk, but an exciting one.

Can't we now just do the one thing that we are required to do and that is get behind him/them?

It is a bit baffling to note that even after some 4 or 5 terrible years, quite a few people have a rather alternative way of looking at the reality we face. It is one thing to lament the lack of progress on and off the field. It is another to accept what is actually possible, given all the factors and variables involved. And some really really lag behind with the latter part.

In many ways, next season will be our first when results on the field should reflect what the support of this club wants.

Edited by der Berliner