Bigmouth Brown

We saw something similar - i.e. heads going down and people giving up - in our first league game at the Scumhut. I still reckon that Barton told them that in no uncertain terms in the dressing room after the game and a day later at the training ground. And many, including Warburton, couldn't take it like men. Just MHO.

We need leaders on the park. Hugh Burns said a couple of weeks back, in his day, we had 11 captains out there. They might not have been grand footballers, but they gave it their all every time they wore the Gersey. We have been lacking a leader out there for half an eternity, which is why the arrival of a Dorrans or even a Ryan Jack in the heart of our midfield would not go amiss. We can speak about grandeur of Europe (or the delusion of it) et al later.

This season was all about getting back into this league and finding our feet. Currently, we walk in sandals. We need better next season.

Edited by der Berliner

I was sat opposite the 18 yeard line in North stand. As soon as first goal went in everyone's shoulders went down. As if they were expecting it to happen and had already given up. Looking at each other like lost sheep (excuse the pun).

Imo a lot of the players were not happy with the formation of sitting in and felt our best chance was to go at them. They would have been right!

According to PC our tactics were to press high and in midfield, was something lost in the translation or did the softer pre-match talk lull the players into a false sense of security?

Fact is Brown totally bossed the midfield and I commented to various people he would come out with this kind of thing.

I thought our tactic of hitting them on the break was a sensible one to go with, however even if the players disagreed they should have committed to it 100%. PC is in charge and they should be sticking to the plan. His job is to decide the plan, and their job is to execute it. I didn't think it was anything like that though, and it looked like a case of 3 or 4 players were unable to stand up to the physically and mentally stronger Celtic team.

We didn't start well at all (again) and that is an attitude issue. In my opinion, we have some very technical players from back to front, however their mental attitude is in question too often for me. To be a Ranger you need the right attitude above all else and sadly we have a small number of players (3 or 4) that don't turn up when it counts. It then reflects badly on the whole team. The problem PC has is that he can't do much about it until next season.

The good news for us is that the Celtic team is poor and the majority of their possession was in safe parts of the pitch. They had few chances, and although our tactics are partly to thank for that, their lack of quality is also to blame. I hope they continue to think they are world beaters because they're in for a rude awakening when we eventually get our act together.

A striker has to be top of our list in the summer. We don't have one. Miller's work rate is first class but his concentration and touch is lacking too often. Waghorn has plenty of skill and a great work rate too, but he lacks composure. Garner is too lightweight to play the target man role, and too slow to run the channels.

It's going to be the toughest transfer window, and the most crucial. I hope the business for most of our targets is nearing completion because we need to hit the ground running.

We should always flood the midfield against them and have 5.