Kenny Miller offered new Rangers deal after impressing boss Pedro Caixinha

Kenny Miller deserves new Rangers deal and I can be his ideal strike partner, says Kyle Lafferty

Former Gers striker believes veteran hitman would be the most important signing Pedro Caixinha could make this summer and would love a chance to be reunited with his ex-teammate.

Former Rangers star Kyle Lafferty has insisted that Kenny Miller had to be offered a new deal to keep him at the club and states that he would love to team up with his old strike partner again next season.

Northern Ireland forward Lafferty is set to leave Norwich City in the summer and admits he would relish a return to Rangers where he won three league titles as well as the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup between 2008 and 2012.

For three years he played up front alongside Miller and has great admiration for the Rangers veteran recently voted the team’s Player of the Year by the fans.

Miller’s future at Ibrox, under new coach Pedro Caixinha, is now starting to look clearer, but Lafferty has no doubt in his mind that the 37-year-old, in his third spell at Rangers, has a huge part to play in Glasgow and that his presence in and around the club can act as an inspiration for younger players.

“I think everyone knows that Rangers are a few players short in terms of making a challenge for the big honours in Scotland and I would say the most important signing right now would be to give Kenny Miller another contract,” said Lafferty.

The 29-year-old, who shot Northern Ireland to the Euro 2016 finals, added: “Kenny’s performances have been excellent again this season and I’m sure he would like to stay at Rangers.

“He is 37 and he is running around like a 19-year-old who is making his debut. He still has that enthusiasm and wherever he has been in his career he has always worked hard and scored goals. He continues to do that.

“It’s fantastic that he is still going strong and inspiring others at the club. Knowing Kenny he is probably the first person into training and is the last person to leave.

“He likes to have his say as well which is important because he really knows Scottish football and Rangers. I know from experience that younger players can learn a lot from him.”

Since leaving Rangers five years ago, while Lafferty has enjoyed many highs at international level, he has had a testing time in his club career, not least at current club Norwich where he has rarely played in the past couple of seasons despite being on fire for Northern Ireland.

Departing Norwich at the end of the season, the soon to be free agent is open to offers and would savour one coming in from the club he has supported since he was a boy.

“Obviously I’d jump at the chance to go back to Rangers. Everyone knows my love for the club,” says Lafferty.“Hopefully they would look at me and think I could do a job for them. I have shown what I can do at international level in recent years and I believe I could make a positive impact at the right club for me. I really would jump at the chance to go back to Rangers.”

No thanks to Lafferty.

He scored some important goals in his previous spell but he was largely unreliable and that's the last thing we need when we consider Waghorn and Garner.

he is finished as a 20 plus striker.

He's never been that to begin with....According to Wikipedia, throughout his career, he has only scored 20+ goals a season 5 times (out of 25 seasons).

I've never been a big Miller fan, but I can see why PC is wanting him next season - his influence on & off the pitch will be invaluable to younger players.

I think it's a no brainer offering Miller a new deal he has been one of our best performers if not our best this season and has plenty left to offer,

as for Lafferty I'd rather we looked elsewhere but like the Naismith rumour it doesn't seem to be going away so might be something in it

No thanks to Lafferty.

He scored some important goals in his previous spell but he was largely unreliable and that's the last thing we need when we consider Waghorn and Garner.

It is sure to spark a debate all the same, especially if he is free?

No thanks to Lafferty.

We need to be looking forward....not backwards.

Lafferty had his stint, as have many other players, and we thank them for that. However the club must move forward & not look to players from the past - good or questionable - in order to do that. Fresh blood must be brought in & given that chance to pull on the light blue. Players that bring something new & exciting to the club.

Kenny Miller deserves new Rangers deal and I can be his ideal strike partner, says Kyle Lafferty

Former Gers striker believes veteran hitman would be the most important signing Pedro Caixinha could make this summer and would love a chance to be reunited with his ex-teammate.

Former Rangers star Kyle Lafferty has insisted that Kenny Miller had to be offered a new deal to keep him at the club and states that he would love to team up with his old strike partner again next season.

Northern Ireland forward Lafferty is set to leave Norwich City in the summer and admits he would relish a return to Rangers where he won three league titles as well as the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup between 2008 and 2012.

For three years he played up front alongside Miller and has great admiration for the Rangers veteran recently voted the team’s Player of the Year by the fans.

Miller’s future at Ibrox, under new coach Pedro Caixinha, is now starting to look clearer, but Lafferty has no doubt in his mind that the 37-year-old, in his third spell at Rangers, has a huge part to play in Glasgow and that his presence in and around the club can act as an inspiration for younger players.

“I think everyone knows that Rangers are a few players short in terms of making a challenge for the big honours in Scotland and I would say the most important signing right now would be to give Kenny Miller another contract,” said Lafferty.

The 29-year-old, who shot Northern Ireland to the Euro 2016 finals, added: “Kenny’s performances have been excellent again this season and I’m sure he would like to stay at Rangers.

“He is 37 and he is running around like a 19-year-old who is making his debut. He still has that enthusiasm and wherever he has been in his career he has always worked hard and scored goals. He continues to do that.

“It’s fantastic that he is still going strong and inspiring others at the club. Knowing Kenny he is probably the first person into training and is the last person to leave.

“He likes to have his say as well which is important because he really knows Scottish football and Rangers. I know from experience that younger players can learn a lot from him.”

Since leaving Rangers five years ago, while Lafferty has enjoyed many highs at international level, he has had a testing time in his club career, not least at current club Norwich where he has rarely played in the past couple of seasons despite being on fire for Northern Ireland.

Departing Norwich at the end of the season, the soon to be free agent is open to offers and would savour one coming in from the club he has supported since he was a boy.

“Obviously I’d jump at the chance to go back to Rangers. Everyone knows my love for the club,” says Lafferty.“Hopefully they would look at me and think I could do a job for them. I have shown what I can do at international level in recent years and I believe I could make a positive impact at the right club for me. I really would jump at the chance to go back to Rangers.”

No, please just NO! More wasted money.