Kenny Miller offered new Rangers deal after impressing boss Pedro Caixinha

I believe Miller is on nowhere near that cash.

In fact, I was reliably told when he rejoined he was basically on expenses. I assume his wage has increased since then but if it's any more than £2-3K per week I'd be surprised. That's good value for a player that 90% of fans agree has been an excellent servant.

I believe Miller is on nowhere near that cash.

In fact, I was reliably told when he rejoined he was basically on expenses. I assume his wage has increased since then but if it's any more than £2-3K per week I'd be surprised. That's good value for a player that 90% of fans agree has been an excellent servant.

The problem I have with that is he is and always has been a money-driven mercenary who has always jumped at the whiff of a pay rise. There is no way on earth he is going to be on anything less than in the top 3-4 earners in our squad, he just doesn't operate that way. This will be his fourth season and his third contract since coming back, so even if his first season was a lower wage given our budget at the time, I stand by my educated guess that he will be costing the club around £500k pa, which I'm quite sure even his admirers admit is not value for money.

If Pedro thinks that is the best he can get for that kind of money, we are going to be also-rans again next year.

It doesn't matter if he was the best player in a team that looks like finishing 3rd.

I'm worried that this is another sign that we can't find players to keep him out of the team.

If we can't do that then there will be a difficult season ahead.

Nail on head.

He was one of the better players in one of the worst sides we've ever had. So what?

We need a root and branch clear out next season.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Miller is our player of the season, second top goalscorer (top in the league and most assists) plus he's a real example of a proper professional so unless PC had a better alternative it really was a no brainer especially with the EL qualifiers in June.

If we find someone better in the transfer window so be it but until then Miller deserves his contract and his place in the team.

What about Miller and Hardie up front?

I think that sounds ideal for another third place finish.

The problem I have with that is he is and always has been a money-driven mercenary who has always jumped at the whiff of a pay rise. There is no way on earth he is going to be on anything less than in the top 3-4 earners in our squad, he just doesn't operate that way. This will be his fourth season and his third contract since coming back, so even if his first season was a lower wage given our budget at the time, I stand by my educated guess that he will be costing the club around £500k pa, which I'm quite sure even his admirers admit is not value for money.

If Pedro thinks that is the best he can get for that kind of money, we are going to be also-rans again next year.

Took a pay cut to join us under walter.

Edited by the gunslinger

Miller signed a 1 year deal.

Rangers striker Kenny Miller delighted to have proved his worth as he signs new one-year Ibrox deal

Veteran striker puts pen to paper on 12-month contract and admits he's glad to have proved his worth to boss Pedro Caixinha.

Kenny Miller tonight handed Rangers an Old Firm boost by signing a new contract with the club.

The Light Blues striker put pen to paper on a 12 month deal as they prepare to face Celtic at Ibrox, as revealed by Record Sport earlier this week.

Miller, 37, has been rewarded for his efforts on the pitch by new boss Pedro Caixinha - and his influence off it.

He has been one of the most consistent performers for the club in their first season back in the top flight and was recently named player of the year by fans.

The striker was delighted to finally commit to the Ibrox club, telling Rangers TV: “I was delighted to get it signed and I’m looking forward to the last few games of the season and then building towards a better, more competitive year next year.

“With the new manager coming in over the past two months it was important that he came in and settled into the club, assessed his squad and fortunately enough he has made the right decision!

“When a new manager comes in everybody’s future is started to be thrown into doubt a wee bit, whether they have contracts or not.

“He let me know a few weeks back his thoughts and what he’d seen and then it was just a case of getting things tied up with Stuart Robertson and

“I was always confident that the manager would see the work that I have been doing every day in training, the commitment to the cause and since he’s come in I think I’ve maintained a decent level of performance and consistency. I was always hopeful I would stay on.”

Miller has shown no sign of slowing down, despite reaching veteran status, and has played 42 times this season, scoring 12 goals.

His influence on and off the field has been recognised by a string of Rangers bosses over three spells at the club, with Caixinha just the latest to be impressed by his professionalism.

Edited by pete

From Rangers' HP ...

Miller Targets The Top

Miller Over The Moon

Miller Extends Gers Contract

RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to confirm Kenny Miller has agreed a one year extension to his contract.

The striker has enjoyed an excellent season to date, netting 12 times and claiming the Player of the Year, Players’ Player of the Year and Goal of the Season prizes at the club’s annual awards last Sunday evening. ...