Our current situation , journey back .

UEFA Europa League 2016-17 Prize Money Breakdown (Confirmed)

January 11, 2017 By totalsportek2 0 Comments

UEFA has announced that a total of €399.8 million will be distributed among clubs participating in 2016-17 UEFA Europa League (that include clubs in qualifying round). We take a look at where do this €399.8m comes from and what system UEFA use to distribute this money among clubs from all around Europe.

Europa League Prize Money breakdown

Before we get into distribution system, we take a look at how this money is generated. The gross revenue from all UEFA’s club competition is centralized and put in a single pot. UEFA estimate the revenue and for 2016-17 season’s Champions League, Europa League and Superb cup it is estimated that around €2.35 billion will be generated. From that that total gross revenue UEFA deducts 12% (€282m) to cover admin and competition related costs. Another 8.5% (€199.7m) to be distributed to clubs and FAs in solidarity payments.

From the remaining €1.86 billion another 8% is resevered for European football and remaing with UEFA. Rest €1.718 billion is distributed among clubs in both Champions League and Europa League. Champions League get the bigger share of around €1.3 billion while Europa league gets around €399.8 million.

UEFA Europa League 2017 Prize Money: So the total of €399.8 million allocated for Europa League is distributed in two pots with the ratio of 60:40. A). Fixed Amount payments. B). Market Share (Variable payments).

A). Fixed Amount Payments (€239.8 million): This pot is distributed among all europa league participants on how and where they finish in the competition.

B). Market Pool Payments (€160 million): distributed according to proportional value of domestic tv market from which the club is from. For example Teams from England, Spain, Germany get larger chunk while teams from Ukraine, Belgium etc get less money.

UEFA Europa League 2016-17 Prize Money STAGE Total Available For Performance Related Payments: (€239.8 million) + Market Pool: (€160m)

Qualifying & Playoffs €215,000 for first qualifying round, €225,000 for second qualifying round, €220,00 for third and €235,000 for play-off losing teams who won’t qualify for group stages

Participation Bonus €2.6 million (Guaranteed) for each 40 teams who play in the group stages

Performance Bonus €360,000 for every win & €120,000 for a draw

Group Stage Bonus €600,000 to group winners and €300,000 for group runnerups

Round of 32 €500,000 for each of the 32 teams

Round of 16 €750,000 for each of the 16 teams

Quarter-Finals €1 million for each of the 8 teams

Semifinals €1.5 million for each of the four semifinalists

Runnersup €3.5 million for runners-up team

Winners €6.5 million for winners

Market Pool It depends on what country the club comes from and how many matches they play in the competition. Market pool for english clubs is higher due to english tv market while clubs from Greece or Israel will get alot less from market pool.

Potential Total Winner of 2016-17 Europa League can earn between €15 to €17 from “performance related” pot. Plus Market pool money which can easily elevate total earnings of winners from England, Spain, Germay or Italy around €25 million (prize money + market pool)

table seperater

So what is the potential earnings of Europa League winners ? Winners of Europa League can earn between €13 to €15.71 million in fixed amount payment, depending on their performances. Plus they can earn another €10 to €12 million on market pool payment depending on the country the club comes from. For example if Manchester United were to win the Europa League they can earn around €15 million from fixed amount portion and another €12 million in market share taking their potential earnings from Europa League to €25 to €27 million if they were to win the competition.

We really have to get to the group stages before we start making serious money.

It's as much about reestablishing our name and brand across Europe. Vital we get in it and getting to a group would be unbelievable given where we have been. I'd sacrifice false hope of winning the spfl to focus on this. Hence agree with Pedro getting the players fit early.

Edited by Walterbear

It's as much about reestablishing our name and brand across Europe. Vital we get in it and getting to a group would be unbelievable given where we have been. I'd sacrifice false hope of winning the spfl to focus on this. Hence agree with Pedro getting the players fit early.

I think it's fair to say that I'm one of the more optimistic members of the forum, but even I can't see how we will qualify for the group stages. The odds are stacked so heavily against us, even if PC builds a decent team. I think I'd just settle for getting a couple of European nights back at Ibrox. Those are the nights I miss the most and it'll feel as if we are on our way back. Having said that, there's nothing quite like the sound of the Champions League music playing at the start of the match. It's then that you know you're back in the big league. That's a couple of years off though. ;-)