Our current situation , journey back .

Investment gets you trophies , runs in Europe and gains on player values and thereby increased transfer fees , its not rocket science

I'm afraid it is much more complex than rocket science. If it was simple, most clubs would be doing it, but they're not. Very few clubs will get a return on investment, and certainly not in Scotland.

If 20m was spent, there's no chance of getting 20m in increased value in return. That's why I've said it has to be supporters that are happy to spend money in acknowledgement that it will not return anything financially but will give us the satisfaction we crave.

I just don't know too many supporters that can come in with the willingness or ability to spend millions.

Until anyone can give me a better horse to back, I'm hoping DK and the rest of the board continue to rebuild the club prudently.

I agree to a point , however by getting better players , getting into the champions league your players go up in value , if you look at players celtic sold for big money , all of them were off the back of champions league performances

Football is big business, but the clubs are not the big businesses. In fact most clubs in the world could barely be classed as medium sized companies. The only businesses that really make the money from football are the sponsors and TV companies.

If you're trying to make money from football, investing in clubs is the last place you'd place your bets. At the time of writing I think I'm right in saying that there isn't a single club in the world where there is a return on investment from the club. There are deals where strip manufacturers or other sponsors will make money indirectly from money going into the club but this would not be possible in Scotland, given the limited market for our game.

It's for this reason that I really want fan ownership. If fans paid up to 30 pounds per month (a huge if) we would have the 20m a year to spend on players. That money would not be expected to return a profit other than league titles and cup wins.

I just hope the fan scheme takes off, because we need it to. For me, that's our best bet.

Edited by Gaffer

As was suggested ages ago, a membership scheme akin to those over here could be whipped up. Perhaps on different levels. Obviously, people will want something in return, something extra, something special ... apart from being able to help the club's finances et al.

So ... meet the players, a day out at Auchenhowie and/or Ibrox, a full kit once a new one comes out (yes, I know that we have the SD problem), get you brick at Ibrox, a share in the company (if only for your wall at home) and a special membership card, a season's free DVD and whatnot. While the membership will also see you getting first pick for special games (be that Europe or the cup competions ... or some discounts here and there for any of the above.

Edited by der Berliner

Think by using the word investment I have derailed what I meant to say , of course by investing anyone would/will expect a return on their money , football is totally different , we are emotionally invested as well as financially invested , yet the only return we look for is in performances and in our case trophies .

Scotland is a very unique country in that the two biggest clubs are so far ahead of the rest ( in normal circumstances) , yet just now isnt normal , our recent history has skewed things dramatically in favour of one club whilst giving another (aberdeen) a state of above them selves lol.

When I stated an investment of £20 million ,thats no more than DK stated himself 18 months -2 years ago , yet whats changed , all of a sudden the promises that were made are now being broken like the promises politicians make after elections .All of a sudden costs of purchase and share investments started to come out of the money he quoted we would need to compete.

I believe the mess he gotten himself in with the financial regulators plus the court cases are going to hold us back even further , imho it would be better if DK departed asap , unfortunately i cannot see that happening any time soon .

Think by using the word investment I have derailed what I meant to say , of course by investing anyone would/will expect a return on their money , football is totally different , we are emotionally invested as well as financially invested , yet the only return we look for is in performances and in our case trophies .

Scotland is a very unique country in that the two biggest clubs are so far ahead of the rest ( in normal circumstances) , yet just now isnt normal , our recent history has skewed things dramatically in favour of one club whilst giving another (aberdeen) a state of above them selves lol.

When I stated an investment of £20 million ,thats no more than DK stated himself 18 months -2 years ago , yet whats changed , all of a sudden the promises that were made are now being broken like the promises politicians make after elections .All of a sudden costs of purchase and share investments started to come out of the money he quoted we would need to compete.

I believe the mess he gotten himself in with the financial regulators plus the court cases are going to hold us back even further , imho it would be better if DK departed asap , unfortunately i cannot see that happening any time soon .

Which "promises are being broken" mate ?

Which "promises are being broken" mate ?

The £30 million part , which he now claims he [a] never said and if he did say it he meant after all the costs associated with the share purchase and subsequent soft loans , all of which he will be getting back minus the share price, but that's only my opinion mate

Edited by rbr

Come on folks promises are most times made in haste and unlikely to be filled no matter the intentions, especially when they are vast amounts of money.We were sold a dream by DK as we were by Whyte/Green etc.

The idea of a monthly sum is a great idea if it were to be managed properly,but very hard to organise with total trust to be given to strangers to do so.

However should the idea come to fruition I would think I would be able to contribute,despite not having a lot of disposable cash.

And if he departed, who comes in with money? Does DK just leave the soft loans in a company he no longer has any say in?

I think the support is largely behind DK and I don't know of any friends and family that have anything but admiration for what he's done for us. I think he's made some really bad decisions along the way, but I think they've been made with decent motives. As I've said before, I don't know the guy, and I have no idea if he's genuine or not, but he seems to be. Until I suspect his motives have changed, he will get my support, but that same thing applies to any supporter who is willing to step in to save our club.

As for the 30m, I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but he very quickly explained that after a couple of months in the role. I'd questions his senses if he put 30m of his own money into the club without shares or some alternative leverage. Why should someone who only owns a minority share use his money to benefit MA and others? That would only encourage these other parasites to hold on, and none of us want that. We need to get rid of these people and then turn the soft loans into equity. Surely that makes sense to any sane person!?!

I really don't understand some of the animosity aimed at him. I really don't understand why the one person that saved the club is being targeted in such a manner. We've a right and obligation to scrutinise anyone in our club, but it's way over the top when it comes to DK in my opinion and I'm actually embarrassed by it if the truth be known.

He put his money where his mouth was and that's more than the majority of fans did. Thanks DK, but please sort out these court cases because it does you no favours, and certainly damages the reputation of the club.