Dick Advocaat to manage the Dutch national team again

Dick Advocaat to be appointed Netherlands head coach tomorrow. Thought he had retired?

Just shows you the mess the KNVB are in. A man who walked away leaving them in the lurch the last time for more money. Left Belgium in the Lurch for more money and leaves nearly every club he goes to in the lurch for more money. The guy is just a money wolf and has even sneaked out of his Hotel when he was at South Korea to join Zenit without even telling William van Hannigem his assistant he was leaving. It shows you how toxic the Dutch team has become when they can't find a better candidate than him.

This also has another side to the story. Hans van Breuklen the technical director of the KNVB travelled to the Emirates and told Henk ten Cate that he had the job. A few days later Van Breuklen phoned ten Cate and said I know I told you you had the job but we also want to talk to Dick Advocaat first. Ten Cate told him in a nice way to stick the job up his rectrum. The KNVB is in a worse state than the SFA.

The president of the KNVB called a press conference and intimated that the KNVB had taken measures and had dotted out a new route for the Dutch team. Then he intimated with pride that the new route was that the Dutch team were not going to lose again. Winning was the game plan.

Edited by pete

Just shows you the mess the KNVB are in. A man who walked away leaving them in the lurch the last time for more money. Left Belgium in the Lurch for more money and leaves nearly every club he goes to in the lurch for more money. The guy is just a money wolf and has even sneaked out of his Hotel when he was at South Korea to join Zenit without even telling William van Hannigem his assistant he was leaving. It shows you how toxic the Dutch team has become when they can't find a better candidate than him.

This also has another side to the story. Hans van Breuklen the technical director of the KNVB travelled to the Emirates and told Henk ten Cate that he had the job. A few days later Van Breuklen phoned ten Cate and said I know I told you you had the job but we also want to talk to Dick Advocaat first. Ten Cate told him in a nice way to stick the job up his rectrum. The KNVB is in a worse state than the SFA.

The president of the KNVB called a press conference and intimated that the KNVB had taken measures and had dotted out a new route for the Dutch team. Then he intimated with pride that the new route was that the Dutch team were not going to lose again. Winning was the game plan.

Pete -- was there not a popular outcry for a younger coach, rather than the old tried-and-tested? I was expecting someone younger, fresher, but you can't get any more tried-and-tested than Dick!

Pete -- was there not a popular outcry for a younger coach, rather than the old tried-and-tested? I was expecting someone younger, fresher, but you can't get any more tried-and-tested than Dick!

Frank de Boer would have been welcomed but was not interested at this time. The fact is the younger coaches have failed to stand up above the old gaurda or are not interested. Peter Bosch at Ajax would also have been a candidate but again he is not interested at this time. Just to make it clear though Advocaat is a short term fix just to finish off the EK qualifiers. There was just nobody else with the skills that wanted the job on a short term contract.

Someone on here said that Dutch managers are so old school but the fact is the new school has gone dormant.

I will admit though Peter Bosch at Ajax came in at the beginning of the season and introduced a whole new system of attacking football. unfortunately for him it cost him a lot of points in the beginning. The players now understand the system and are now playing excellent and are also exciting to watch. if the league was to start now Ajax would walk away with it. They may still win it if Feynoord don't give themselves a shake at the weekend. I am amazed a Dutch team could reach the final of a European tournament and I am still not sure they will as I can see Lyon winning 3-0. I am not an Ajax fan but I hope they do win it.

That Ajax team has some smashing players Pete. Watched them demolish Lyon in the first leg of the Europa Cup SF (average age was 21 if I recall correctly), so imagine if Advocaat can bring through one or two of those into the Dutch national team. Probably too late for current WC qualification, but could leave a legacy of youthful exuberance for the next manager and the Euro's in 2020. He has previous with promoting Fergie and making him captain, so not scared to throw youth into the equation.

That Ajax team has some smashing players Pete. Watched them demolish Lyon in the first leg of the Europa Cup SF (average age was 21 if I recall correctly), so imagine if Advocaat can bring through one or two of those into the Dutch national team. Probably too late for current WC qualification, but could leave a legacy of youthful exuberance for the next manager and the Euro's in 2020. He has previous with promoting Fergie and making him captain, so not scared to throw youth into the equation.

Unfortunately the best players aren't Dutch. Hakim Ziyech who is their best player could have played for Holland if Danny Blind had let him play a game. He didn't and now he plays for Morroco.