Rangers' PR: Succulent lambs to the slaughter

Believe it or not we actually did have a very good PR agency at Rangers for a number of years, however the issue isn't always who does the PR but what strategy they employ to achieve the brief they've been given. That was certainly the case when Media House were retained.

I can't comment on Level 5, I've no personal experience of them. What I would say though is they are simply a company employed by the club to carry out a task. None of us know what their brief is and how their performance is measured. In my opinion the issue lies with our board of directors and our Chief Executive. They do the hiring and firing, they set the strategy. None of us know what Level 5 have been asked to do, what resources they've got to do it and how it's being measured. Until we do it's hard to criticise the PR company involved.

I would point out though that our current board haven't received much criticism in the media, so the PR company might actually be doing the job they are paid to do very well.

I agree entirely with the OP that our PR needs over-hauled, I'm just not convinced the issue lies entirely with the PR agency we employ.

I would agree with this, we have no PR because the club don't want it. It's as simple as that, Our PR for what it is, can only do as they are told, if the club shackle them because the club is afraid to take the propaganda fight to our enemies, who's to blame?

Believe it or not we actually did have a very good PR agency at Rangers for a number of years, however the issue isn't always who does the PR but what strategy they employ to achieve the brief they've been given. That was certainly the case when Media House were retained.

I can't comment on Level 5, I've no personal experience of them. What I would say though is they are simply a company employed by the club to carry out a task. None of us know what their brief is and how their performance is measured. In my opinion the issue lies with our board of directors and our Chief Executive. They do the hiring and firing, they set the strategy. None of us know what Level 5 have been asked to do, what resources they've got to do it and how it's being measured. Until we do it's hard to criticise the PR company involved.

I would point out though that our current board haven't received much criticism in the media, so the PR company might actually be doing the job they are paid to do very well.

I agree entirely with the OP that our PR needs over-hauled, I'm just not convinced the issue lies entirely with the PR agency we employ.

Yeah, that's fair point: we don't know what the board want and/or what Level5 recommend in terms of strategy.

Ultimately though the responsibility lies with the board and I don't see many fans who are happy with the status quo. That's a worry during season ticket sales and, whilst there may not be a noticeable reduction in those this summer, the club will need to work hard to retain numbers going forward. Good PR - win or lose on the park - is vital to achieve that.

I would agree with this, we have no PR because the club don't want it. It's as simple as that, Our PR for what it is, can only do as they are told, if the club shackle them because the club is afraid to take the propaganda fight to our enemies, who's to blame?

I just got an email from a long term season ticket holding pal who is not renewing next season. Partly because he can't get to as many games as he is used to doing but mainly because of this. He's sick of being taken for granted and never stood up for by the board he's championed up until now.

I worry re season ticket sales at this rate. Hell, I worry about everything RFC connected. It's a 5 year ulcer that never seems to ease. (Sorry first few months of MW was a delightful break ...but even then off the field....)

Edited by SteveC

I just got an email from a long term season ticket holding pal who is not renewing next season. partly because he can't get to a many games as he is used to doing but mainly because of this. He's sick of being taken for granted and nevr stood up fof by the board he's championed up until now.

I worry re season ticket sales at this rate. Hell, I worry about everything RFC connected. It's a 5 year ulcer that never seems to ease. (Sorry first few months of MW was a delightful break ...but even then off the field....)

I'm not renewing, i'm sick of the lack of support from this board. They only ever seem to stand up if anyone attacks the board. However the fans are fair game to every lying sectarian Journalists, bigoted bloggers and biased agenda driven supposedly impartial British Broadcaster. Not only are the fans are fair game, the club itself is allowed to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous bigots, without any sort of reply.

In my opinion the clock is ticking down fast on this current board, if change is not forthcoming soon on this particular issue, i foresee protest, yes protest. Not a word or action i thought i would use again when King and others were successful in their takeover.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

The Darren Cooney situation is truly shocking.

I remember ra Sellik targeting the Daily Record back in the day withe 'Thugs and Thieves' headline. They informed their support by telling them to consider their daily newspaper purchase, and lectured their corporate fans on the wisdom of advertising in the blatt. They put that headline, 'Thugs and Thieves' on their big screens to raise the ire.

Now, the Daily Record is a commercial partner of ra Sellik, on Lawwell's terms.

I'm not renewing, i'm sick of the lack of support from this board. They only ever seem to stand up if anyone attacks the board. However the fans are fair game to every lying sectarian Journalists, bigoted bloggers and biased agenda driven supposedly impartial British Broadcaster. Not only are the fans are fair game, the club itself is allowed to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous bigots, without any sort of reply.

In my opinion the clock is ticking down fast on this current board, if change is not forthcoming soon on this particular issue, i foresee protest, yes protest. Not a word or action i thought i would use again when King and others were successful in their takeover.

I suspect we will lose 5-10k on last season. Potentially end up with circa 35k. Many fans have had enough.

TBH I thought I was going to watch players playing in the games not the board or any other sub section.

I have faith that we will eventually get back to being successful even if it takes 2 or 3 seasons and had no hesitation in renewing my ST.

The doom and gloom merchants on here indicate to me a not wholehearted fan.