Craig Houston, Alex Wilson & William Cowie resign from C1872 Board

I disagree because if a person wants to vote YES to one and NO to the other they are forced to vote NO to both or YES to both.

And if the two individuals concerned are running in concert that is exactly what they want - a vote on the collective.

Either way, we are all surmising here - a simple statement from C1872 would resolve it.

Are they really being asked if they are taking up their old position ? They have resigned and therefore are simply rank and file members like the rest of us.

Albeit ones who were elected to the Board.

The constitution (if there was one) may allow for people to be co-opted to the board and this may be the case here, and all they are doing is asking for the views of the members. It doesn't seem as if they are trying to have a re-election.

Some suggestions now on Twitter that William Cowie and Alex Wilson have both now resigned over this vote.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. An utter shambles.

I disagree because if a person wants to vote YES to one and NO to the other they are forced to vote NO to both or YES to both.

They would be voting on the principle of allowing them onto the board or not and therefore it's not person specific.

Some suggestions now on Twitter that William Cowie and Alex Wilson have both now resigned over this vote.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. An utter shambles.

If that's the case then who made the decision about the vote? Did Blair do it on his own?

Albeit ones who were elected to the Board.

The constitution (if there was one) may allow for people to be co-opted to the board and this may be the case here, and all they are doing is asking for the views of the members. It doesn't seem as if they are trying to have a re-election.

Agreed - but once you resign you relinquish your position and become rank and file. Any rank and file member could put their name forward and should expect the same courtesy.

Yep, that old issue about the Constitution - it is your guiding document and after 7 months C1872 doesn't have one despite a lawyer being on the board. My company's in-house counsel knocked one up in a few days for my volunteer club - admittedly on a much smaller scale but 7 months is ridiculous.

They would be voting on the principle of allowing them onto the board or not and therefore it's not person specific.

It IS person specific, if you read the poll , members are not asked to vote on the principle they are asked to vote to re-appoint both persons at once, which is quite simply wrong.

What a farce. Time for root and branch change AGAIN.

Anyone want to join me in creating a supporters group - I am sure that we on Gersnet could make a decent fist of one :D