Reasons to be grateful for the current season

A good few youngsters came through at the end there, more through necessity than anything else, but they've done well. I wasn't able to see the game, but a few are suggesting Barjonas did well?

Aye, I thought he looked like a proper midfielder, but that should be taken in the context of his teammates in the middle of the park. Windass & Toral were abysmal, and Kenny Miller was doing the normal 100% effort but very little quality or end-product. But credit where it is due, Beerman was good going forward, Bates and Wilson were left massively exposed by the lack of a defensive midfielder but won their tackles and headers, so all is not lost!

It was always dificult to judge this season. And you would simply have to take a step back and look at the whole picture, rather than looking at it solely through the eyes of a success demanding and success-used Rangers supporter. Thus, it was always good to listen to the commentary of the Austrian chaps of Laola TV, who looked at the bare facts and the games they watched, rather than being hyped up by the media and fellow fans of other clubs ... and obviously one's own ideas.

More later.

One game to go so it will soon be over.

Positives:-

1) Finishing in top 3 and qualifying for Europe.

2) Emergence of some decent young players,e.g.the 3 B's Bates,Beerman and Barjonas.

3) Performances of our two senior players,regret only one being kept.

4) Club structure improving.

Negatives:-

1) Squad left behind by Warburton,who I believe had reached a level he could not raise and IMO was ready to jump ship anyway.

2) the leaks coming from within club.

3) Lack of fight at times from team.

Let's be honest, this season was an abomination and we're all glad to see the back of it but the emergence of the young guns has been the rose among the thorns.

Jamie Barjonas looked every inch the first team holding midfielder we've been crying out for last night when he came. I don't think it's overkill to say he changed the game for us, rather than turn and pass back to Wes he looked to go forward and retain possession. Add to that Beerman, Bates, Wilson (who was solid but let down by Toral several times) and I'd throw in Joe Dodoo in to that group as well even although he was useless last night we have a crop of first team quality players that have cost us essentially zero.

If Pedro can bring in 4 or 5 big strong senior players to blend with the young guns then we can expect to be a team that are much harder to beat than the gutless collective we've seen this season. That would be a good starting point and then if one or two of those new signings can add a bit of attacking flair and guile we would be a solid team, hard to beat with a real threat going forward.

Turncoats went back down south - thats a positive.

As i said in the match preview the end of the season cant come quick enough. Its going to be an interesting summer...if Pedro doesnt win the first qualifier then its going to be tense.

I really wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt in charge for the first game next season.

Turncoats went back down south - thats a positive.

As i said in the match preview the end of the season cant come quick enough. Its going to be an interesting summer...if Pedro doesnt win the first qualifier then its going to be tense.

I really wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt in charge for the first game next season.

Wishful thinking Gribz! I would gladly pay double for my season ticket if they promised me Pedro wont be in charge!