DUTD In Financial Trouble

A Southampton v Stoke in the richest league in the world on the final day was meaningless.

Not entirely meaningless as it is in Scotland. Three points for a win on the final day of the EPL can even mean jumping several places up the table which can mean millions more in revenue just for the placing. Those few places alone can mean more additional revenue than any Scottish club will get for winning the league and the entire seasons TV income combined.

And scottish football went into free fall.

Not to begin with it didn't. We had a couple of decent euro runs in the early years & the sheep won the CWC in 83.

The big mistake was not protecting full time clubs. Relegating full time clubs & replacing them with part time dross like Clydebank & Dumbarton in the 80's was madness.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Wato slams United Wato Kuate admits he was GLAD Dundee United stayed in the Championship after defeat to Hamilton in play-off final

The midfielder believes it was payback for his treatment by Ray McKinnon after a bust-up with team-mates during first leg with Accies

WATO KUATE admits he was GLAD when Dundee United failed to win promotion.

The Portuguese midfielder believes it was payback for his treatment when he was told his services were no longer required by manager Ray McKinnon after a bust-up with team-mates during the first leg of United’s play-off final with Hamilton.

After United lost the return to stay down, the 21-year-old said: “I couldn’t be sad. It would be a big lie if I said that. Hamilton deserved it. It is not only about ability. They were more united.

“It is all about team spirit. They showed more fight than United. Hamilton are the kind of team I wished I played for.“They play football, they have some good young players and there is no doubt they deserved their win.“I don’t know much about their manager but they had spirit and desire.”

Kuate, who played in United’s first five play-off matches, believes he’d have made all the difference in the second leg at the SuperSeal Stadium had McKinnon kept faith with him.

He said: “When I was watching the game I was blaming myself. I said ‘Wato, you are bigger than that. You can rise above the provocation’.“I believe if I was playing I could make the best game of my life. My legs were shaking because I knew I could help Dundee United.

“I watched the game and kept thinking: ‘Wato, if only you were there, if only you were there’.“This is life and I learn from it. I am still young and I have a long career in front of me.“This will only make me stronger and stronger.“And if my team-mate tries to provoke me in the future I will ignore it and move on.”

Kuate feels that McKinnon made him the scapegoat for United’s loss in the play-off final.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1086508/wato-kuate-admits-he-was-glad-dundee-united-stayed-in-the-championship-after-defeat-to-hamilton-in-play-off-final/

DUNDEE United captain Sean Dillon is leaving Tannadice.

The club confirmed Dillon’s departure in a statement, with boss Ray McKinnon hailing the defender as “a fantastic professional”.

McKinnon said: “I had a chat with Seán and decided it would be best if he pursued other options because he wouldn’t play as much as he would like next season.”

The 33 year old, who spent a decade with United, thanked supporters for their backing.

He said: “It has been fantastic to have played for, captained and won trophies at Dundee United.“I have loved being here and will look back on my career here with mostly happiness.“Winning the Cup in 2010 will live with me as my career highlight forever and relegation will remain the low point.“While we narrowly missed out on an instant return to the Premiership, I am sure the club will return to the top tier in the near future.”

Dillon was caught up in the spectacular bust-up with midfielder Wato Kuate in the play-off loss to Hamilton

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1087493/celtic-aberdeen-rangers-hearts-hibs-motherwell-all-the-latest-transfer-news-and-all-the-stories-from-scottish-football/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER