[FT] St Johnstone 1 - 2 Rangers (Miller 40; Toral 52)

I don't think the fact that they have a delay and are not downloads matters. It's certainly my understanding that they are illegal. They would not have the licence for their streams to be shown in the UK.

The law was never written with the Internet in mind and replys heavily on possession.

The argument has been going on for ages but so far zero convictions and no precedence legally has been set. The law has moved very slowly and whenever changes do occur as they did with pirate DVDs then downloading all that happens is those hosting change the way they supply the links staying a step ahead of the law. That's why the hosts happily have their name and address I. The meta data and can make money through the advertising. Obviously this is the short hand explanation to a complex legal case that is still on going

Lately the European court took a big step toward making it illegal by making the hosting side illegal in relation to fully loaded fire sticks etc but still no arrests , convictions or forced closures have occurred.

It doesn't break licensing agreements because it is bought and paid for them given away for free. The burden then falls to the licence holder. Same as when you buy a strip then give it as a present. Any change to the law would effect all licensed products hence the grey area that so far has not been dealt with

Edited by trublusince1982