[FT] St Johnstone 1 - 2 Rangers (Miller 40; Toral 52)

Barjonas has sure risen to the occasion and the demands. Looks a talented DM, always checks where the opposition and his fellow players are and is thus far quicker with the ball and its distribution than e.g. Halliday, and, at times, Holt. Where would we be if we had discovered him half a year ago ...

It says it all when I'm disappointed to see Halliday come on for a 18-year-old. First time seeing Barjonas and he looks a real prospect; composed on the ball and has a bit of grit about him.

I remember Durrant raving about him before he left

The youngsters have done well in difficult circumstances. Well done to the coaching staff. Barjonas looks the real deal. As these lads develop physically and with game knowledge the future looks promising if we can keep the production belt going and as others say bring in a bit of quality and toughness. 2 or 3 years we may have something.

Alnwick -7

Tav - 5

Bates - 8

Wilson - 7

Beerman - 6

Barjonas - 7

Toral - 7

Holt - 6

Waghorn - 6

Millar - 7

Windass - 7

Encouraged at the depth these young lads have added to the squad for next season.

Alnwick showed a couple of traits FOd should adopt (coming for the ball & throwing out quickly).

If PC can secure a quality spine & Rossiter, Kranjcar get a good jump on the pre-season the only way is up ..................................

Let's see that list now Pedro :D

Our mental fragility is worrying, but aside from that, it was a good performance. The youngsters look very good: I was impressed with Barjonas and Wilson, who never put a foot wrong, and Bates was solid enough again. Beerman got done too often early on but I think he improved as the game went on.

St Johnstone are a well-drilled, physical side, but outwith that early spell, I didn't feel like they out-muscled us too much.

Alnwick was good; aggressive in the air and not as powderpuff as Fod.

I think this is how PC wants us to play: Quick transitions, good link-up play and aggressive. If we can get some quality additions to complement what we have, then I'm optimistic about the future. Easier said than done, though...

Edited by Rousseau

Well, it took about 25 mins for our lads to warm up and come to terms with the opposition. After that we were the better side, and deserved the win. Of course, it was only an end of term game against St Johnstone.

Barjonas impressed, the departing Toral looked something like a player, and Windass has something about him. The defence needs a bit of work, but the young guys stuck to their tasks manfully. The midfield lacks snap and crackle, while up front there is a deficit of pop.

It remains clear where the team is short, so, although there are reasons to be -modestly- cheerful, we surely know not to get carried away,

It's a decent finish to an often disappointing season. SJ are solid top 5 and always hard to beat on their own patch. And happy to see Pedro being acclaimed by the fans. We need to get behind him as he tries to build us a better team for next season in a relatively short space of time with the Euro qualifiers looming.