Scotland Squad v England

Full 25-man England squad - Not the strongest Ive seen from them at all. Good players but nothing much in the world class mould. They are strong in wide roles but at centre half and centre midfield there is weaknesses.

Goalkeepers:

Jack Butland (Stoke), Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Torino, on loan from Man City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders:

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Aaron Cresswell (West Ham), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Phil Jones (Man Utd), Chris Smalling (Man Utd), John Stones (Man City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham), Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Midfielders:

Dele Alli (Tottenham), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Man Utd), Jake Livermore (West Brom), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Man City)

Forwards:

Jermain Defoe (Sunderland), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Come on England. Could never support any team that Scott brown played in.

Sorry I could never support England over Scotland or anyone else for that matter. I have lived abroad longer than I lived in Scotland but Scotland is still my home country.

Sorry I could never support England over Scotland or anyone else for that matter. I have lived abroad longer than I lived in Scotland but Scotland is still my home country.

Scotland have always bored me anyhow but like I say, definitely not supporting a team brown plays in.

I'm Scottish by upbringing...always hated the English football team and all their media, just like all Scots, it was a football rivalry thing encouraged by all I knew. Jimmy Hill's a poof and all that.

B@stards flying the Union Flag in their name as if it was theirs and strictly belonged to them, a cracking flag.

I'm a double convert now :) As like the game in November I'll be hoping for an England rout of the Scots, probably more to do with the attitude of 21st century Scottish politics than the fact I'm an Englishman by birth born in Paddington, London.

I don't want the Union split and don't want a Republican Scotland. C'mon England. Get Strachan and all those nasty wee people in charge of our game out!

Not that that will happen of course...even if a result like 0-3 is delivered as was the case in November.

I think the reason Rangers aren't wanted in the Premier League in England is down to our immediate neighbours who have totally taken over the game 'up here'. 'Up here' ironically a phrase used by Brendan Rodgers when talking about referees this season, even after going unbeaten.

'Up here' means only one thing. Don't vote SNP if you value your upbringing.

These games just don't raise the interest or excitement anymore at all. Probably by Saturday I will be looking forward to watching it a bit. But going back to last November at Wembley I didn't even bother switching it on until I woke up at half time as I expected a humping. With it being at Hampden there is a half chance it will be a close game.

Going back to Euro 1996 I remember getting excited 6 months before when the draw was made. And the Euro 2000 qualifier had everyone looking forward to it at the time.

It probably used to be the equivalent of Aston Villa v Man Utd but has dropped a lot and now is the equivalent of Swansea v Everton. In World levels its more like Notts Forest v Everton - A team who used to produce good players but now down many levels against a team who are the best of the rest but cant break into the elite.

Looking at the England squad Hart in goal has an error in him all day long. their centre halfs are as poor as Ive seen - Cahill (decent), Stones (hasn't stepped up), Jones (Has stole Darren Anderton sick note title), Smalling (massively over rated) so they could be got at.

In the middle of the park - Dier is OK but nothing special and that's all they have defensively. Jake Livermore would probably be the same level as what Scotland have now. The rest are all attack minded - Lingard (decent), Ox-Chamberlain (I rate highly), Lallana (over rated), Sterling (can win a match on this day), Dele Alli (the one to watch - bin him in the first minute and he could get himself sent off).

Upfront is where they could do damage - not only do they have goalscorers in Kane, Rashford and Defoe, they are up against a shocking Scotland back line. I need to go back to the squad list to even remember who we have in defence. Where as in the past since I started watching Scotland we had worldly defenders in McLeish, Gough, Hendry, Weir......

Edited by Gribz

John Motson's all time combined England and Scotland XI. Interesting.

Peter Shilton

Danny McGrain Bobby Evans Bobby Moore Roger Byrne

Jimmy Johnstone Paul Gascoigne Jim Baxter Bobby Charlton

Jimmy Greaves Denis Law

Edited by Gribz