How good is Ryan Jack?

I don't know much about him except he's a defensive mid, haven't seen much of him, does anyone know what he will bring to us, is he a tough tackler?

Edited by scotjo

I don't know much about him except he's a defensive mid, haven't seen much of him, does anyone know what he will bring to us, is he a tough tackler?

I asked this exact question to an Aberdeen supporting friend and his comment was for them he is fairly easily replaceable.... so that doesn't bode well. Also mentioned he is always behind the play.

I think he likes to get in about it, don't know much about him tbh, other than seeing him play against rangers this season. can play as a RB or DM, think he can also drop in at center back if need be.

You just need to look at media outlets and social media to see how livid some of the Aberdeen fans are about this, I don't think they would be this up in arms if he wasn't a decent player, plus he is their captain.

I follow a guy on twitter called theSPFLradar, he does a lot of analysis on players, from memory I think Jack rates quite highly on interceptions and and defensive duels, I don't think he is going to be the prettiest player, I think he will be used to go and win the ball in midfield when we lose possession.

I think he likes to get in about it, don't know much about him tbh, other than seeing him play against rangers this season. can play as a RB or DM, think he can also drop in at center back if need be.

You just need to look at media outlets and social media to see how livid some of the Aberdeen fans are about this, I don't think they would be this up in arms if he wasn't a decent player, plus he is their captain.

I follow a guy on twitter called theSPFLradar, he does a lot of analysis on players, from memory I think Jack rates quite highly on interceptions and and defensive duels, I don't think he is going to be the prettiest player, I think he will be used to go and win the ball in midfield when we lose possession.

Good. Exactly what we need.

I think he's the kind of player who, when he's playing well, you don't really notice him.. if you know what I mean

I asked this exact question to an Aberdeen supporting friend and his comment was for them he is fairly easily replaceable.... so that doesn't bode well. Also mentioned he is always behind the play.

I'm sure if you asked them a few weeks ago before he said he was leaving and especially before he was linked to us they would have said differently.

He has been their captain for the last 2 seasons and played in the majority of their games since he joined them apart from season 12-13.

He would be a good player for us IMO.

Edited by johnnyk

I think he's the kind of player who, when he's playing well, you don't really notice him.. if you know what I mean

yeah lenny I completely agree, won't be asked to do a lot and go about his business quietly, but will also be very effective. I massive improvement on what we have.

What would a midfield with him and Rossiter in it look like? I remember watching Rossiter in his early games and began to notice that I never once saw him lose out on a challenge for a 50/50 ball.