Clean sheets guaranteed, then?

He is not known for clean sheets I believe. :D and with the Mexican art of building tunnels I am sure he will manage to get a few Mexi-Ho's dug in.:)

Signing mexicans(drink problems or not)isnt the way ahead as far as im concerned.Other people (like you)are more than welcome to their own opinions.

Youre second last sentence offends me.Stick me on youre ignore list please.

Lol, why so precious ? You offend easily, yet some of your posts on here have been far worse towards others. I have no reason to ignore you, or anyone else - besides, as a forum admin it would be foolhardy of me to put anyone on an ignore list in case of issues.

You, however, feel the need to want to ignore me, therefore YOU feel free to place ME on YOUR ignore list - then you can be happy.

Not true.

We all want it to be a brilliant signing, but he does represent something of a punt, beyond that which, to a greater or lesser extent, every acquisition represents.

Terrific player, apparently, lifestyle issues, apparently. Without the latter, we would not get near him.

My point is that every single player is a punt. There are absolutely no guarantees of success or failure.

My point is that every single player is a punt. There are absolutely no guarantees of success or failure.

Yes but signing players with known problems is maybe a punt too far.

I've tried to catch up fully with this thread, but I appear to have missed a crucial step when limeburner says we shouldn't be signing a Mexican. Is there a reason for that? Apparently it's got nothing to do with anything other than the fact he's Mexican?!? We are Rangers. We are surely better than judging people based on their nationality. Did I miss a huge chunk of this debate, or is limeburner just having a bad game tonight?

As for this player, there's no doubt about his class. I've seen him a few times and he's a classy, gifted midfielder. It's a pity to hear about his problems off the field. Sometimes these habits are created because of the influences around us, so if he escapes without his pals, there's a chance he can break this cycle. Although Gazza was awesome for us, he never managed to ditch 'Jimmy 5 B', and therefore continued his drinking habits in Glasgow.

This could be a master stroke if we land this guy, and he's well worth the risk. He could be the fans' favourite if he plays anywhere near his potential.

Yes but signing players with known problems is maybe a punt too far.

We have to trust PC, in this regard; we have little option.

Given his talent -beyond, it seems, anything @Ibrox at the moment, and probably beyond what's in Scotland, bar one, maybe two- he may be worth the gamble, but only if the price,

and the wages, don't bugger up the kitty, and alienate the rest of the dressing room.

Hope the reason you don't want Mexicans at the club has nothing to do with their assumed religion? This club is for all as we all know, so hopefully its not that and i am just jaded.

Nothing to do with him being Mexican. He seems to have off field issues. If, as I have pointed out, he did not have such problems, however defined, we would not get

within one sniff of his signature.

Keep your gratuitous, and insulting, assumptions to yourself, please.