If your excited then were all good------------for now.

I wasn't sure I would recognise trolling if it happened. I was wrong. You've been trolling with this for a few days now. Come on, there's no need for that. You can state your opinions without getting into this. You're better than that lb.

In football terms, Mexico is part of CONCACAF, which embraces North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and 3 countries from the South American Mainland (Guyana, Surinam, and French Guiana, which, more properly, may be a Department of France).

CONCAAF's Gold Cup competition has its finals every 2 years, and I don't think that Mexico, the USA, and Canada, ie the teams categorised as North American, have to pre-qualify.

These teams seem to be automatic finalists.

So, if we sign Mexican internationalists, they will be likely to disappear every 2 years, much like African Internationalists would.

To have work permits renewed will they have to maintain their Internationalist status? I am unsure.

In football terms, Mexico is part of CONCACAF, which embraces North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and 3 countries from the South American Mainland (Guyana, Surinam, and French Guiana, which, more properly, may be a Department of France).

CONCAAF's Gold Cup competition has its finals every 2 years, and I don't think that Mexico, the USA, and Canada, ie the teams categorised as North American, have to pre-qualify.

These teams seem to be automatic finalists.

So, if we sign Mexican internationalists, they will be likely to disappear every 2 years, much like African Internationalists would.

To have work permits renewed will they have to maintain their Internationalist status? I am unsure.

think once a WP is granted its based on how many times they play here rather than for their country.

I wasn't sure I would recognise trolling if it happened. I was wrong. You've been trolling with this for a few days now. Come on, there's no need for that. You can state your opinions without getting into this. You're better than that lb.

Saying im completely losing my shit is ok though?Iwas trying to avoid another fallout-----------youre not helping things with these trolling accusations.

Of course it's a bit of a gamble. But it's also quite exciting. If he play's even close to his potential then it'll will have been well worth it. Is it a bigger risk than signing Ali Crawford or some such?

Of course it's a bigger risk than signing Ali Crawford. To join Rangers Ali Crawford wouldn't need to move house far less move continent. The only questions regarding signing someone like Ali Crawford are 1. is he could enough? and 2. is worth what he would cost? Other than that he'd be playing in a league he's familiar with against teams he knows well.

Signing anyone from the Mexican league adds considerably more complications. You've got the same ability and cost questions plus you've a whole raft of social, cultural and personal issues to address too.

There was a really interesting interview with Roy Keane shortly after he retired. He was speaking about Juan Sebastian Veron and how excited Keane had been when Man Utd signed him. Keane felt his signing was the thing Utd needed to push on and dominate in England and Europe. He played against Veron and knew how good he was. Veron had 73 caps for Argentina, was South American player of the year twice and had won leagues in both Argentina and Italy, Man U broke the British transfer record to sign him.

Veron simply didn't settle and Keane was furious with him for it. Keane admitted he'd tear strips off him because he wasn't delivering what Keane knew he could. Keane had no time for his excuses. Veron was living in a hotel in Manchester, his family stayed in Italy initially and he was living alone. He spoke English but not well, he struggled to follow the 'banter' in the dressing room and became isolated from the rest of the team. Keane would say to him that he was a professional and very well paid and so it shouldn't matter if he was living in a youth hostel it shouldn't affect his performance on the park, he'd a job to do and he should get on with it. Before his first season was finished Veron would take any excuse to go back to Italy to visit his family or to go to Argentina for international matches, much to the annoyance of Ferguson and Keane who wanted him to put Man Utd first.

Keane was speaking about this shortly after retiring. He'd just spent less than six months at Celtic. He lived in a hotel whilst playing up here, travelling back to his family and home in Manchester after Saturday games and returning on a Monday evening with his manager's permission to miss Monday training. But the point was he couldn't settle. He was only 3 hours drive away but staying in a hotel full time unsettled him, he hadn't realised how much he relied on his wife and family for stability and allowing him to focus on football and only football. His thoughts turned to Veron and how he'd reacted to him being 'unsettled'. He said he'd never understood that before and how it can affect a footballer.

Now Pena isn't Veron, every person is different and reacts differently to changes and set backs. But, the list of Spanish speaking South, Central and indeed North American players succeeding in Scotland is a small one indeed. There are reasons for this that aren't all football related.

I simply don't know if Pena is a good enough player or can adapt and thrive in Scotland, and, let's be honest, neither do you or any of the other posters on here. So it comes down to faith in the manager. You have it, I don't.

If we stick to only British players we can only buy the ones nobody in England wants as we cannot compete with even championship sides. The option is no longer there to do that. Its a very small market that leaves us in a very bad situation where we probably could only compete within Scotland. The national side cant compete so not sure why we would buck that trend with the same players

To be honest I think most are missing the point of what the club are doing.

The club is trying to introduce a European way of playing the game because without a doubt the Scottish way has died and we are miles behind most of Europe. So in the short term we are bringing in a European manager who understands periodisation the most succesful current way of playing. We are then in the short term bringing in players who have been immersed into this way of playing to bridge the gap.

It takes literally 4-5 years for a player to learn what he should be doing when and where under very explicit sets of circumstances. We wont rely on european players as a business plan indefinitely just in the short term.

"to be honest i think most are missing the point of what the club are doing".

Honestly,i dont think i am,football wise,IMO,they are fecking up every decision that they can make.

so you want a Scottish type game with Scottish players? or am i reading that worng?