so you want a Scottish type game with Scottish players? or am i reading that worng?

Yes i do.With mainly British players(just better ones than we have at the moment) Iwouldnt mind 1-2 from Europe(dutch,german,etc)

I know it may seem boring to you----but its what i would like.

Yes i do.With mainly British players(just better ones than we have at the moment) Iwouldnt mind 1-2 from Europe(dutch,german,etc)

I know it may seem boring to you----but its what i would like.

nothing wrong with that mate it bored me all the way to the uefa cup final!

why don't you trust the managers thoughts on players abilities?

Who do you think he got wrong?

I don't know any players PC has signed before, his CV is so obscure I doubt many of us have heard of most of the players he's managed. I can only go by what I watched this season under him at Rangers and his past managerial record before joining us.

At Uniao Liera they finished 9th the season before he took over, finished 10th the season he was in charge and he was sacked with them bottom of the league the following season.

At Nacional they finished 6th the season before PC, then under PC came 7th, he was then sacked the following season with them 14th in a 16 team league.

Then to Santos Laguna in Mexico. They finished 4th and qualified for the local Champion's League the season before PC joined. As I explained in the other thread the Mexican league is a confusing bugger with 2 leagues per season. So his Santos Laguna side finished 6th, 2nd, 4th, 9th and finally 8th under his management. So he had one decent season with a 2nd and 4th place finish, qualifying his side for the play-offs, he lost both in the semis. His 9th place was outside the play-off places. His 8th place was the last play-off place, his Santos side then won the play-off. This is the 'league' it's claimed he won in Mexico. He was then sacked the following season after a couple of months with his side 3rd bottom.

In Qatar Al-Gharafa finished 7th before he joined, then 9th in his first full season in charge and 5th last season.

There is nothing in his past that allows me to believe he can spot a player or improve a player, frankly how he keeps getting employed as a manager is a credit to his agent.

So in summary, I've no idea who he's got wrong in the past but he's clearly got quite a few wrong judging by three of his previous four sides firing him.

I've no idea why so many of our support have so much faith in someone with such an ordinary CV.

I don't know any players PC has signed before, his CV is so obscure I doubt many of us have heard of most of the players he's managed. I can only go by what I watched this season under him at Rangers and his past managerial record before joining us.

At Uniao Liera they finished 9th the season before he took over, finished 10th the season he was in charge and he was sacked with them bottom of the league the following season.

At Nacional they finished 6th the season before PC, then under PC came 7th, he was then sacked the following season with them 14th in a 16 team league.

Then to Santos Laguna in Mexico. They finished 4th and qualified for the local Champion's League the season before PC joined. As I explained in the other thread the Mexican league is a confusing bugger with 2 leagues per season. So his Santos Laguna side finished 6th, 2nd, 4th, 9th and finally 8th under his management. So he had one decent season with a 2nd and 4th place finish, qualifying his side for the play-offs, he lost both in the semis. His 9th place was outside the play-off places. His 8th place was the last play-off place, his Santos side then won the play-off. This is the 'league' it's claimed he won in Mexico. He was then sacked the following season after a couple of months with his side 3rd bottom.

In Qatar Al-Gharafa finished 7th before he joined, then 9th in his first full season in charge and 5th last season.

There is nothing in his past that allows me to believe he can spot a player or improve a player, frankly how he keeps getting employed as a manager is a credit to his agent.

So in summary, I've no idea who he's got wrong in the past but he's clearly got quite a few wrong judging by three of his previous four sides firing him.

I've no idea why so many of our support have so much faith in someone with such an ordinary CV.

Surely plus his ability to explain his views in interviews and to how he comes across in them?

sorry my fault deleted a line I shouldn't have from my original post.:facepalm:

Meant to say from his 7 weeks or so with us how he went about identifying the players to drop and who he utilised who did you think he got wrong?

For me my faith (tho its still early) is based on his actions so far with us and the fact I dont have any real reason to doubt him.

Surely plus his ability to explain his views in interviews and to how he comes across in them?

Yeah, quite possibly, he speaks really well whenever I've heard him interviewed and interacts well with supporters too.

sorry my fault deleted a line I shouldn't have from my original post.:facepalm:

Meant to say from his 7 weeks or so with us how he went about identifying the players to drop and who he utilised who did you think he got wrong?

For me my faith (tho its still early) is based on his actions so far with us and the fact I dont have any real reason to doubt him.

It's too early to say. Some of our performances have been truly awful, the spirit has looked low and energy levels too. The players didn't look like they knew what they were meant to be doing. Whether that'll change when he has some of 'his' players in place I guess we'll just have to see. I'd have liked to see Barrie McKay play a greater role under Pedro, he's our most creative player and a far better player than current form. It's unfair to judge the young players he introduced yet, I'd no real problem with him giving them a game.

I expected Pedro to make us harder to beat, tighten us up defensively, be less swashbuckling than Warburton, and make the most of the players he inherited whether he intended to keep them or move them on. That's what Murty did. To me, by no means a tactical expert, it didn't look like the players understood what he wanted them to do. That's a concern because he isn't going to be able to sign 11 new players so managing the bulk of what we've got is important.

Yeah, quite possibly, he speaks really well whenever I've heard him interviewed and interacts well with supporters too.

So,how far do you think this will carry us on our journey?Not very far ill bet.Face it-----hes a windbag.