Rangers Complete Bruno Alves Signing

Great news..! Okay he's 35...so what? We have ourselves a real class defender. Welcome to the Rangers Bruno.

Calgari had the third worst defence in the Serie A last season.:fish:

Calgari had the third worst defence in the Serie A last season.:fish:

Didn't realise that Pete.

Had a peek at their results from last season, they lost 4 goals to Lazio & Juventus, 5 goals to Fiorentina, Torino, Inter & Napoli, and SIX to Sassuolo...Bruno Alves missed ALL these game...,er, I meant to say Alves played in all these games. :D

I was just thinking that MacK? What a great signing and Pedro is on the case! I'm as exited as I was when he first joined us. Never mind the Magic Hat, we have the Magical Matador......

So you're not renewing? :P

Portugal have three matches to play in June, one of which is a World Cup Qualifier away against Latvia on Friday night June 9th (live on Sky Sports 1). I'd expect Portugal to select him for that one.

It doesn't give him much of a 'summer break' given our Europa League campaign starts late June. Concerning that he may well not be available for this game and possibly the 2nd Leg as well. We really need to get past the first Q round at least.

Alves personal stats were very good though. His aerial defending was particularly good.

Yes 79+% success. Was only 2nd though the best was 84+%. I can't remember who it was. I would be happy with a Rangers player winning 80% of headers at corners after the last few years.