Alastair Johnston Returning?

Company Announcement – Rangers International Football Club PLC (RIFC)

The Board is delighted to announce that Alastair Johnston has, with immediate effect, accepted its invitation to join the Board of RIFC.

Alastair is a former Chairman of Rangers who parted with the Club in 2011 pursuant to Craig Whyte’s takeover which he vehemently opposed.

We can now again benefit from Alastair’s experience of the Club’s affairs as well as his long and successful career in the broader sports marketing industry. His contributions to the Club will play an important part in determining our strategy as we navigate our journey back to the highest echelons of European football.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/company-announcement/

Was Johnston actually 'invited' to join the new Board, or is he there as someone of substance's "man"?

I take it he was invited. You just can't show up and say. Hi Hello I'm on your board.:D

I'm haven't a clue on how 'business' works, but is it possible AJ was inevitable enabling us to seal the purchases over the past week or so of top top players with promises of more to come...?

Pleased to see him getting ripped in that shyster Whyte, but disappointed he couldn't give some equally deserving criticism of David Murray. Seems Sir Duped is bulletproof from any sort of ire from ex directors, managers and players, only the rank and file supporter see and criticise Murray as the principal architect of the fall and subsequent rape of the club.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Pleased to see him getting ripped in that shyster Whyte, but disappointed he couldn't give some equally deserving criticism of David Murray. Seems Sir Duped is bulletproof from any sort of ire from ex directors, managers and players, only the rank and file supporter see and criticise Murray as the principal architect of the fall and subsequent rape of the club.

It's probably not wise to criticise "El Presidente' For Life".

According to the tramp fool beggar JJ, Johnston is a King appointment as the others on the board were ready to get rid of King. :lol:

I wonder what the obsessed dumpling will find to talk about now that the Whyte trial is over and our train is firmly back on the rails again.

According to the tramp fool beggar JJ, Johnston is a King appointment as the others on the board were ready to get rid of King. :lol:

I wonder what the obsessed dumpling will find to talk about now that the Whyte trial is over and our train is firmly back on the rails again.

I'm sure attention will turn to EBT gate going to the Supreme court. Anything for more donations!