craig whyte cleared

Whyte got off because Donald Findlay convinced the jury that David Murray knew full well from Day 1 who Craig Whyte was and what he was planning on doing.

Far from "not providing any evidence," Findlay produced various documents which suggested Murray would have flogged us to anyone because he had carved up a deal with Lloyds Bank to keep his metals business if he did. Findlay showed that either Murray did know, or that they should have known - eg. a witness stated that no proper 'due diligence' was ever done on Whyte. That clearly casts reasonable doubt on the verdict on the charge that Whyte fraudulently misled David Murray - you can't defraud someone if they actually know what you're up to & benefitted from it themselves. Murray is now back in the Sunday Times rich list on the back of this "fraud."

Posters should maybe have followed the trial. The acquittal of the fraud charge was no surprise at all, although how he got off the Companies Act charge I have no idea. But I wasn't in court. The jury were.

Whyte got off because Donald Findlay convinced the jury that David Murray knew full well from Day 1 who Craig Whyte was and what he was planning on doing.

Far from "not providing any evidence," Findlay produced various documents which suggested Murray would have flogged us to anyone because he had carved up a deal with Lloyds Bank to keep his metals business if he did. Findlay showed that either Murray did know, or that they should have known - eg. a witness stated that no proper 'due diligence' was ever done on Whyte. That clearly casts reasonable doubt on the verdict on the charge that Whyte fraudulently misled David Murray - you can't defraud someone if they actually know what you're up to & benefitted from it themselves. Murray is now back in the Sunday Times rich list on the back of this "fraud."

Posters should maybe have followed the trial. The acquittal of the fraud charge was no surprise at all, although how he got off the Companies Act charge I have no idea. But I wasn't in court. The jury were.

Good summary.

Now the trial is over I reckon the focus will now switch to Whyte's running of Rangers up to and including administration.

I don't think we're anywhere near finished yet

sounds about right 917

I think Murray knew full well what Whyte was doing

Whyte took the opportunity of earning millions

and risked the slap on the wrist that's usually doled in fraud cases. a willing patsy

Hard to disagree with findlay. Doesnt make it legal though.

Scotland's O J Simpson verdict.

Has the PF office or Police Scotland commented after the verdict or are they too embarrassed?

They were unconvincing to say the least. I started to wonder about them when all those charges started to get dropped against Whyte, Green, Ahmed etc, etc