Harry Forrester suspended

Some of the best full-backs started as failed wingers. Arthur Numan to mention 1. I would certainly be trying him there in training to find out before punting him on the cheap. You don't need to be as technical to be a full-back as a winger as you always have the player in front of you. He would not be playing out of position it would be his new position for good if it worked.

The difference between an Artur Numan and O' Halloran should be obvious though. Numan actually had far better positional sense than O' Halloran and his distribution was much better too.

The only place I would be trying O' Halloran is out the door. He simply isn't good enough for us to be challenging. Not only that but we aren't strong enough as a team to be carrying passengers, or players who are trying to "re-position". Ally got absolutely SLATED for doing exactly what you are now suggesting pete.

Until and unless he actually shows he can play there he WOULD be playing out of position - it isn't a position that you can conquer in a couple of weeks or months.

We will have to agree to disagree - because the thought of O' Halloran being our full back gives me the cold shivers. If pace is the only reason to try him as a full back then we should be looking to bring in a different alternative IMHO.

" Harry Forrester has played down rumours that he has been banished from training by Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha.

The Daily Record claimed on Wednesday morning that the 26-year-old has been told by his manager to stay away from the Auchenhowie complex for two weeks and there is no point in him coming back.

Forrester played only seven minutes under Caixinha during the recently concluded campaign and upon the club’s early return to pre-season, the winger issued this response about his future.

“Rumours and reports that I have been suspended are totally false and inaccurate,” Forrester wrote on his personal Twitter account. "

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/06/blogs/scottish-premier-league/forrester-responds-to-exile-rumours/

Hard to say what all this is about but judging from stuff I have read about him he may have turned up for training unfit to train after a night out on the booze and it seems the manager wont tolerate that. Or maybe even didn't turn up at all while sick as a dug after a night on the booze.

I can understand the temptations because we have all been there but this is a short career and that's one of the sacrifices to make the big money. If he's a party animal who is consistently unfit to train he might find it difficult to get a game somewhere else they will pay him big money.

The history of football, perhaps, especially, Scottish football, is littered with stories of talented guys to whom the game

came easily, so lacking in difficulty that they felt they could choose between application and lifestyle, and plump for the latter.

Forrester is another.

The question is whether or not he is worth the time, the patience, and the perseverance of management and coaching staff. Much as I liked the player when he was,

as they say, at it, my response would have to be in the negative.

And, of course, it goes without saying that no man is bigger than the Club.

The history of football, perhaps, especially, Scottish football, is littered with stories of talented guys to whom the game

came easily, so lacking in difficulty that they felt they could choose between application and lifestyle, and plump for the latter.

Forrester is another.

The question is whether or not he is worth the time, the patience, and the perseverance of management and coaching staff. Much as I liked the player when he was,

as they say, at it, my response would have to be in the negative.

And, of course, it goes without saying that no man is bigger than the Club.

The above is something I used to moot when Kris Boyd was the subject of discussion - aye, the guy knew how to find the back of the net. But just consider how good that man "could" have been had he applied himself 50% more. It looked to me that when he came to us he looked leaner with a better work rate. Within a month he was back to his slothful worst.

The above is something I used to moot when Kris Boyd was the subject of discussion - aye, the guy knew how to find the back of the net. But just consider how good that man "could" have been had he applied himself 50% more. It looked to me that when he came to us he looked leaner with a better work rate. Within a month he was back to his slothful worst.

Some are worth perseverance, Baxter, I suppose, or Best; most aren't.

Boyd (another 'B'; coincidence? I think not) scored consistently, so was cut some slack.

Forrester's got talent but it seems less application. He'd be worth working on

If we play a more direct game next season, we'd get the best out of Garner

I'm sorry to see them go

The videos of the wonder kid from Finland, some good goals but not against packed defences he'll be up against here

Edited by colinstein

Forrester has had 'attitude' problems his entire career, in my opinion it comes from having too much too young. Forrester was a child star, capped for England at under 16 and under 17 he was highly gifted and expected by everyone who saw him to become a star. Watford bought him as a 10 year old from his local side Northampton, Aston Villa then paid a quarter of a million for him when he was only 16. Yet his career since then is littered with failed chances and contracts being run down, it's the only reason Rangers were able to sign him. Warburton clearly felt he could be the manager to finally get the best out of him, Pedro thinks differently.

For me Forrester is the type of player who infuriates supporters. He is clearly gifted but his attitude and his application simply don't match his skill and so he doesn't make it into the first team often enough. You see wee glimpses of what he could be, then he vanishes for four weeks.

There are lots of players who hate training and could be described as 'poor' trainers, but they're easy to manage, they're diligent in other areas and bring more to the team. Forrester is simply not as good as he thinks he is and without the hard work never will be.