Harry Forrester suspended

The below is my reply over on FF, were he's being bashed like there is no tomorrow. So no-one on here should feel addressed ...

Well, judging it all from hearsay is always difficult, then again, some players are just "bad trainers" and save their talent for the playing field. If we are honest, Forrester has shown his ability and talent nigh every time he was on the pitch, though not always constantly and sure not of a level that most on here apparently want to see from a "Rangers player". In that respect though, quite a few people's ideas about the latter are well off though, given where we were and whom we could attract. And as much as that is the case, their ability at being Grade A bashers for those players is second to none.

In Forrester's case, if you are essentially only used as a sub, with different people about you, then it is not easy to get to any kind of consistency or time show your talent. You train all of the season, always sit on the bench, while other people are sent to the field time and again ahead of you only to show how average right up to abysmal they can play (last season), how is that going to inspire you? MW played his favoured folk and used the same tactics all the way, no matter how a Waghorn, Tavernier, or even McKay performed. Toral, Windass, and even Hyndman blew hot and cold, not to speak of Halliday. But we like our preferred bashing objects, don't we?

Right now, knowing that the coach does not like you anyway and/or you are on the chopping list, it won't help the application in training. Someone will (and have already) come up with "new chance" or "professionalism", but PC has been here for a while now and nothing has changed for Forrester or MOH, despite those underperformers on the park. Those people having a go at Forrester now should go in front of a mirror, look closely and ask themselves if they would work until the last day in a fully professional manner with the job termination virtually in their hands. I'd would accept a "yes" if they were something like a doctor etc., but otherwise they'd fool themselves ...

We'll never know whether a Forrester or O'Halloran would have performed differently under different coaches and situations than this and last season's, but I for one thank them for getting us back into the Premiership, even though their time with us went sour after that.

The below is my reply over on FF, were he's being bashed like there is no tomorrow. So no-one on here should feel addressed ...

Well, judging it all from hearsay is always difficult, then again, some players are just "bad trainers" and save their talent for the playing field. If we are honest, Forrester has shown his ability and talent nigh every time he was on the pitch, though not always constantly and sure not of a level that most on here apparently want to see from a "Rangers player"..

If we are being really honest Forrester showed little talent or ability at any point last season. I really liked him and he was a big disappointment.

In Forrester's case, if you are essentially only used as a sub, with different people about you, then it is not easy to get to any kind of consistency or time show your talent. You train all of the season, always sit on the bench, while other people are sent to the field time and again ahead of you only to show how average right up to abysmal they can play (last season), how is that going to inspire you? MW played his favoured folk and used the same tactics all the way, no matter how a Waghorn, Tavernier, or even McKay performed. Toral, Windass, and even Hyndman blew hot and cold, not to speak of Halliday. But we like our preferred bashing objects, don't we?

There were rumours about Forrester's lack of application under Warburton and these continued under PC, who seemed happy to give most others an opportunity. There's also stories of Forrester's behaviour at various Glasgow nightclubs. You are saying that is hearsay but the evidence of the treatment of him under 2 managers, the fact that he's been sent home from training and the consistency and sources of the rumours would give evidence that there's more than a grain of truth to the rumours.

Many had a poor season, Halliday for example, but he was never accused of a lack of effort or for not giving 100% at training.

Right now, knowing that the coach does not like you anyway and/or you are on the chopping list, it won't help the application in training. Someone will (and have already) come up with "new chance" or "professionalism", but PC has been here for a while now and nothing has changed for Forrester or MOH, despite those underperformers on the park. Those people having a go at Forrester now should go in front of a mirror, look closely and ask themselves if they would work until the last day in a fully professional manner with the job termination virtually in their hands. I'd would accept a "yes" if they were something like a doctor etc., but otherwise they'd fool themselves ...

Yes, and I get paid a lot less than Forrester...not that I'd say that I've ever had a go at Forrester, just that I believe the rumours.

We'll never know whether a Forrester or O'Halloran would have performed differently under different coaches and situations than this and last season's, but I for one thank them for getting us back into the Premiership, even though their time with us went sour after that.

Agreed and Forrester's early goal against Dundee will live long in the memory. Just a shame he was never able to regain his form post-injury.

I know someone, a really big bluenose who has dealings on at least a weekly basis with Forrester and who tells me his attitude is an absolute disgrace, is not only relaxed about his position at Ibrox but is perfectly happy with it.

Coincidentally, I was listening to the Big Interview podcast last night. Graham Hunter was chatting to Bennie McCarthy, who mentioned that in his Porto playing days, Mourinho used to routinely send Carvahlo home from training as he was frequently dopey and just unable to get his mind around the training routines. However, Carvalho would be the first name on the team sheet every week, and was always a 7 (or above) out of 10. Whereas Bennie was disliked by the Celta Vigo coach Fernandes, but put every effort into training despite knowing that he was not going to be played in the La Liga matches. Mourinho spotted McCarthy at an open Celta training session and came back for 5 consecutive days, liked Bennie's attitude and brought him across to Porto on loan at 25% of his Celta wages. Forrester could take a leaf out of McCarthy's book, and put the effort in, either with the intention of changing Pedro's mind, or perhaps been scouted by another club. If he is seen to be a poor trainer with a bad attitude and out on the piss every night, he is definitely not doing himself any favours, with Pedro or future employees!

Reference MOH.

I suspect we might find a more effective player if we changed his starting position in each phase of play? Like Templeton back in the day, MOH receives the ball too high up the pitch, there is very little space to exploit and not enough space to fully utilise his obvious pace. The wing back option may have some merit; however, I think the majority of balls from defence and cross field diagonals should look to find MOH ten yards either side of the halfway line.

He is on life support because his performances when given opportunity last season, were poor.

Coincidentally, I was listening to the Big Interview podcast last night. Graham Hunter was chatting to Bennie McCarthy, who mentioned that in his Porto playing days, Mourinho used to routinely send Carvahlo home from training as he was frequently dopey and just unable to get his mind around the training routines. However, Carvalho would be the first name on the team sheet every week, and was always a 7 (or above) out of 10. Whereas Bennie was disliked by the Celta Vigo coach Fernandes, but put every effort into training despite knowing that he was not going to be played in the La Liga matches. Mourinho spotted McCarthy at an open Celta training session and came back for 5 consecutive days, liked Bennie's attitude and brought him across to Porto on loan at 25% of his Celta wages. Forrester could take a leaf out of McCarthy's book, and put the effort in, either with the intention of changing Pedro's mind, or perhaps been scouted by another club. If he is seen to be a poor trainer with a bad attitude and out on the piss every night, he is definitely not doing himself any favours, with Pedro or future employees!

I love these wee antidotes, always brings interesting angle to situations.