Forum/website feedback

Reiterate what others have said: that there's nothing much needs to change.

I've been on FF since it was the old email list and feel a degree of loyalty to it but it's hard to deny that the proportion of absolute bumpers on there has increased. I'd hate to see the relative calmness and civility here overwhelmed like that (acknowledging full well that I'm not always calm or civil:oops:) .

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg
Typos

I agree with all this is the best site around.

The only thing I would say is indeed a player of the week with everyone giving points to the players although I do realise the amount of time it would take someone to keep it working.

I think the password started when it was thought that Eightballs mate from NI ( i can't remember his name) had a fight with Eightball and threatened him when they travelled over to Ibrox. After that it was thought he had hacked into somebody's (Eightballs) account. I may be wrong.

How do you all find the forum software itself vbulletin. That's like how you post and views and send messages etc in comparison to some of the other forums, some the others use ipboard and swf any comments there would be helpful . Ta

Fantastic website, I don't use any other Rangers site since I was banned from FF years ago and I still don't know why!!

Ian and the others are great at keeping it up to date with news, keep everything as it is I say :notworthy::notworthy:

Miles ahead for news on Rangers and other footie news in footie chat, I come on here for my information as every other outlet is dire (Newsnow e.g. is full of bull). I made a fuss about the Gersnet Prediction League rules on how it wasn't fair to entrants who couldn't predict the FGS with the benefit of knowing who was actually playing while others had that advantage...must add I won't be caring about that issue anymore, brother got me an iphone for my birthday and I've now dragged myself into the 21st century regards technology :crash::D

Yes, like others have said - This is a great wee site!

Fantastic website, I don't use any other Rangers site since I was banned from FF years ago and I still don't know why!!

Ian and the others are great at keeping it up to date with news, keep everything as it is I say :notworthy::notworthy:

I would still like a small countdown clock to Kick-off of the next game. Don't know why just to build up the tension.

As one of the "old (baldy) heads" in more ways than one, I have noticed a considerable reduction in some of the more offensive posters/posts that used to occur some years ago. This is a tribute to admin/mods who generally do a great job even if on occasions I feel they could be just tad more proactive than reacative.

Whilst my own opinions are often far from mainstream, as some people seem to find it necessary to continually point out; the general quality of debate on here is what keeps me from being more than an occasional poster elsewhere.

Proud to have worn my Gersnet polo shirt award on recent trip to Mexico, though the wife said it didn't match my shorts. (What happened to my 2015/16 Runners Up Banner?)

43BIagdt.jpg

Edited by BrahimHemdani

We could then obtain a trophy (I could probably purchase if the current $:£ exchange rates remain as I am getting more £ than I expected) and could make it an annual award - whereby Gersnet (BrahimHemdani) could arrange the Gersnet end of season meal/drinks and the winner could be invited along to receive their award and perhaps give a review of the season just past (or update on the current season if the meal is done before the end of the season).

I think this is an excellent idea. I was going to say I think we are the only forum who offer an annual dinner. I think experience has shown that end of season works best although we have had two poor end of season attendances, there were reasons on each occasion and by far the biggest attendance was in Jan 16 this was in large part due to the high quality guests. We could present the trophy/awards for Prediction League, though I'm not clear how we translate player ratings into an award, unless it's for the highest number of times you give top ratings to the eventual winner? A writer of the season as well perhaps? Best post of the season. Best looking poster (yes I see the double meaning). Worst post of the season? The possibilities are endless.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

How do you all find the forum software itself vbulletin. That's like how you post and views and send messages etc in comparison to some of the other forums, some the others use ipboard and swf any comments there would be helpful . Ta

It is what it is Blueflag that being its relatively easy to maintain and does a decent enough job of what its supposed to do. When on PC or Mac it's fairly smooth loading times wise but I cant speak for its use on other more modern platforms such as android or ios handheld devices because personally I don't use them for browsing forums. Theres been a lot of talk and indeed some porting in various forums towards Vanilla and also Discourse which contain more or less all the features you might find in a modern browser with nice alert systems and much more functionality. They are both very slick from the front end and apparently they are friendlier to those types of mobile devices too however they are a relatively new project that is still developing at a pace. I'm not sure how easily maintained they are or how much time would be needed to code them... In the case of Discourse I believe it is maintained off site which although could be expensive relieves the burden of tracing security holes.

As I say vbulletin does what it does and at that appears fairly adequate for the time being.

It is what it is Blueflag that being its relatively easy to maintain and does a decent enough job of what its supposed to do. When on PC or Mac it's fairly smooth loading times wise but I cant speak for its use on other more modern platforms such as android or ios handheld devices because personally I don't use them for browsing forums. Theres been a lot of talk and indeed some porting in various forums towards Vanilla and also Discourse which contain more or less all the features you might find in a modern browser with nice alert systems and much more functionality. They are both very slick from the front end and apparently they are friendlier to those types of mobile devices too however they are a relatively new project that is still developing at a pace. I'm not sure how easily maintained they are or how much time would be needed to code them... In the case of Discourse I believe it is maintained off site which although could be expensive relieves the burden of tracing security holes.

As I say vbulletin does what it does and at that appears fairly adequate for the time being.

Thanks mate