Forum/website feedback

Pretty much agree with everything before;

Quality not quantity wins.

I like the idea of the player stats.

Also, how about a yearly thread with the player of the year vote? Maybe as a poll which could allow the posters to change their vote as the season goes on with basically a moving player of the year?

One way of doing this, too, would be for forum members to give their player ratings each match and for one of us (I don't mind doing it) to tally the players ratings each week to obtain an average rating over the course of the season. We could set some rules around eligibility for POTY award (things such as minimum number of starts and/or appearances).

We could then obtain a trophy (I could probably purchase if the current $:£ exchange rates remain as I am getting more £ than I expected) and could make it an annual award - whereby Gersnet (BrahimHemdani) could arrange the Gersnet end of season meal/drinks and the winner could be invited along to receive their award and perhaps give a review of the season just past (or update on the current season if the meal is done before the end of the season).

Agree with all the sentiments about quality over quantity.

The focus is very much on a sense of online community and it would be good to develop that further and to potentially generate funds to keep the Gersnet hampster wheel turning... E.g. through some merchandise - polo shirts, t-shirts, etc. Something to wear at games that would help us identify fellow members?

Agree with all the sentiments about quality over quantity.

The focus is very much on a sense of online community and it would be good to develop that further and to potentially generate funds to keep the Gersnet hampster wheel turning... E.g. through some merchandise - polo shirts, t-shirts, etc. Something to wear at games that would help us identify fellow members?

My Gersnet polo sits proudly in my drawer at home - I am sure that if anyone would like one Frankie can get a stock of them - usually we hand them out as prizes - perhaps what we should do is have a specific colour that is only provided to competition winners whilst everyone else can purchase one of a selecton of colours - kind of like the Green Jacket in the Masters...... though obviously green wouldn't really be appropriate here :roflmao:

My Gersnet polo sits proudly in my drawer at home - I am sure that if anyone would like one Frankie can get a stock of them - usually we hand them out as prizes - perhaps what we should do is have a specific colour that is only provided to competition winners whilst everyone else can purchase one of a selecton of colours - kind of like the Green Jacket in the Masters...... though obviously green wouldn't really be appropriate here :roflmao:

Sounds good. Pink for Admin/Mods, I would imagine. :D

Reference change.

Why don't we have an end of season award, a singular recognition to the journo/celebrity/politician that elicits the most gratuitous stream of pysh in support of ra Sellik?

Numerous contenders falling over themselves to be seen, to be ticking that particular box. It's a wide spectrum; from blawing Peter's cheese to those determined to eternally swim in the warm waters of vicTIMhood.

I propose we collate each and every submission throughout the season and all Gersnetters get to vote on the selected top three/five. There will be an appropriate award issued to mark the winning hyperbole . I offer the YO-PEE(Yahoo Oozing Pysh) award. Obviously, the longer the stream of pysh, the longer the tail of 'Es'. Tom English would be a 'YO-PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'.

Collecting and collating the constant pro-sellik effusions would be seriously injurious to one's mental well being.

It would be a brave fellow who volunteered.

The scale of the task, too, would be huge.

Edited by Uilleam

The site is definitely "quality not quantity" and I hope it remains so.

The thing I like about the site , unlike some other fans sites, is that it does not degenerate into abuse and there are not 5 separate threads dealing with the same topic.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to the new season with success on the pitch and informed debate on the site.